Any Opinions On the New DimPro Vintage Sounds?

Author
Nick P
Max Output Level: -44 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3112
2009/04/03 07:14:05 (permalink)

Any Opinions On the New DimPro Vintage Sounds?

I was just wondering if anyone has any opinions on the new vintage library which ships for DimPro when you upgrade to Sonar 8? They talk about Prophet 5, Minimoog, etc... Just wondering if anyone has tried them and what they think.

Cakewalk Forums - A Great Learning Resource For All Things Cakewalk!

5 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Any Opinions On the New DimPro Vintage Sounds? 2009/04/03 11:21:40 (permalink)
    probably better than National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation
    why not ask Rusty Griswold

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/National_Lampoon%27s_Vegas_Vacation

I twigged that months ago.

What are you expecting library like NI pro 53 etc? well don't..lol

I'd comment more about the sounds, but you'd probably turn around and say they aren't usable.. (as you did with rapture yesterday?) no point in giving you ammo to moan
    Nick P
    Max Output Level: -44 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3112
    RE: Any Opinions On the New DimPro Vintage Sounds? 2009/04/05 22:05:22 (permalink)
    Oh that's right, I did use the Vegas Vacation reference. Actually it was totally stream of consciousness when I was entering in the user name. I never use my real name on any of these forums, since I tend to disagree with people, and that's a no-no on these types of forums. If I used my real name and location I'd have Space Cowboy, YourOlPal, and Mike McCue driving out in Danni Danzi's chick-magnet mobile to have my tail.

I'm not sure about the Rapture comment. I love Rapture. Am one of its biggest fans. What I was talking about was a certain style of programming where the programmer intentionally uses all the "bells and whistles" of a synth to show what it or he/she can do. Often times those types of sounds are unusable in typical tracks. I don't see what that has to do with DimPro's vintage sounds, but since you are unwilling to comment, thanks anyway.

Cakewalk Forums - A Great Learning Resource For All Things Cakewalk!
    Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Any Opinions On the New DimPro Vintage Sounds? 2009/04/06 09:49:32 (permalink)
    sorry we are all hobbiests according to you, we don't have the exact answers you require

mumpcake
    Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: Any Opinions On the New DimPro Vintage Sounds? 2009/04/06 12:13:50 (permalink)
    I's actually like to know how good these sounds are. Not so much the x0x models, but everything else.
    AT
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Any Opinions On the New DimPro Vintage Sounds? 2009/04/06 15:06:24 (permalink)
    Some are pretty good. I went back and checked them better after a post. Some bring a smile to my face. Francesco's are as good, and he has a lot more of them, and they are free, too.

As to have busy patches, a lot of Francesco's, for example, have multiple synths elements in one patch. It is easy to disable the other elements.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1