Author
Klinke777
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 22
2009/04/04 23:18:53 (permalink)

Rapture automation Cubase

Hi,

I have a little problem with Rapture.

First i wanna say that im really impressed of the synth. Im a synth noob...but i checked out alot software and Rapture sounds great and has endless capabilities(or how u call it)..damn forgot this word. Also for me its a very logical program and has all i ever dreamed off. Rapture is so amazing that...damn its 4.55h here again ...in da morning.

..ok, enough honey around your beard(german speaking)
heres the problem:

I map cutoff parameters or others to a midi-controler on my keybord.
..Problem then is, that Cubase doesnt record/show the cutoff changes in an automation-track. (i can here changes but nothing is automated/recorded)

When i wiggle the knobs with mouse or map cutoff to the X/Y pad wich i use with mouse....everything is alright. All is recorded.
When i map cutoff to X/Y pad and then map the X/Y to a midi-controler it doesnt work again...

I can turn knobs in Rapture with my keyboard-faders, i can hear changes in sound...but cant record the knob changes.

I got:
Cubase4
Windows XP32bit
Axiom49 Keyboard
Rapture-fresh installed with all update-packs
All drivers etc. are up to date.

Plz dont tell me to go to the M-audio forum..or Cubase..plz help me.
Thanks...for reading.

I hear the birds outside welcome the day...
post edited by Klinke777 - 2009/04/05 03:15:54

3 Replies Related Threads

Klinke777
    RE: Rapture automation Cubase 2009/04/05 02:53:44 (permalink)
    i got it, i got it...

It was a cubase related problem.

I checked the deeper settings and discovered the button: Incoming midi-controler data to automationtrack.
    It works now...too less sleep for me atm..but now i take nap...and then i attack my neighbor with Rapture. Thats a plan.

btw...the automation tracks got funny names now somehow, like "brightness" or "harmonic"...strange stuff.
    post edited by Klinke777 - 2009/04/05 03:05:39
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Rapture automation Cubase 2009/04/05 08:33:48 (permalink)
    just curious if your thinking of updating cubase also?. not sure if I will, I am not happy that I'm getting charged the same as owners of sx3 , although I have 3 and 4

get these also , if you haven't for rapture >

Klinke777
    RE: Rapture automation Cubase 2009/04/05 17:37:58 (permalink)
    Ive not reached the end off the walls, surrounding me ...So i pretend to be happy with the freedom i got. I just went to cubase last autumn (i worked with it earlier, so im not complete new to it), and then cubase5 came suddenly. grrr, they want my money.
    Atm im soo happy that my complete system works stable and no big problems appear. I got several channels going to a mixer and back, i can send parts of the audio that i can form then with (live) effects...and then record single channels or more. (remix myself)

Psychedelic Rock

edit
    ...ahh, i didnt understand ur last sentence at first: I already saw ur sig here in the forums and have downloaded the patch arena stuff ...the muzeum soundpack is really big.... I hate clicking trough presets so im doing sounds and sequences 100% on my own, atm. But sooner or later i will check it out. Thx...
    And then rapture 1.2 soon, woot. Partytime, excellent (anyone remember waynes world? )
    post edited by Klinke777 - 2009/04/05 19:01:13
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1