Wavetable In Dimension Pro

Author
DoozerLee
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 17
2009/04/10 17:46:13 (permalink)

Wavetable In Dimension Pro

I was hoping to use Dimension Pro as a wavetable synth like a Waldorf.
The manual says 'To turn any Element in a wavetable oscillator, just load any of the multisamples in '00 - Wavetables'.'
I don't have this folder. Am I missing something?
Any help in using Dimension Pro as a wavetable synth would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Doozer

5 Replies Related Threads

techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: Wavetable In Dimension Pro 2009/04/10 18:07:03 (permalink)
    A default installation of Dimension Pro on Windows XP will have this folder:

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\00 - Wavetables

A lot of helpful information about Dimension Pro is available at the Dimension Pro section of the SONAR User Wiki. Specifically, take a look at Dimensional Synthesis which is an article published by the Dimension Pro creator himself, René Ceballos, here on the forums and preserved on the Wiki. The Dimensional Synthesis article covers each of the synthesis methods employed by Dimension including Wavetable.

Also, have a look at Simon Cann's fine book: Cakewalk Synthesizers: From Presets to Power User which is available at Cakewalk's online store and at many book retailers.

post edited by techead - 2009/04/10 18:17:06
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Wavetable In Dimension Pro 2009/04/11 00:34:10 (permalink)
    Dimension doesn't do waldorf style wavetable/sequencing synthesis out of the box. A common mistake when reading about Dimesion and other synths. Wavetable refers to using a short sample (3000 samples or shorter), not a long sample with different kinds of wave shapes stuck together. There are work arounds, but there is no real way to sweep a table of waves under control in Dimension. Wukistation is the cheapest synth out there, I think. I ended up with Komplexer, which failed commercially, but is a nice wavetable VA like the Waldorf. Ensoniq transwaves are another way to go. Someone just posted the ensoniq Fizmo wavetables on the Yahoo site - I havent' had time to use it in Dimension yet.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    DoozerLee
    • Total Posts : 17
    RE: Wavetable In Dimension Pro 2009/04/11 17:58:03 (permalink)
    Thank you for the replies.
    I had installed the Audio files on a seperate drive to the operating system drive, which contained the programs in the Cakewalk folder.
    I will take a look at those synths you mentioned. Waldorf are bringing out the Largo soft synth later this month, so I might get that and go the whole hog.
    The link to the Wiki's looks very interesting and I will have a good read to find out more about the Dimension Pro.

Cheers,
    Doozer
    ChristopherM
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1921
    RE: Wavetable In Dimension Pro 2009/04/25 05:39:54 (permalink)
    Waldorf are bringing out the Largo soft synth later this month,
    and the Waldorf Edition is still widely available at a very low price. which amongst other things contains PPG Wave 2.V.
    ovni
    • Total Posts : 24
    Re: RE: Wavetable In Dimension Pro 2009/09/27 11:01:32 (permalink)
    and let us not forget NI's Massive.
    post edited by ovni - 2009/09/27 11:02:35
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1