Is V100 good for c. 3 singers/non-plug in instruments?

Author
silkseasiren
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2009/04/30 07:21:22 (permalink)

Is V100 good for c. 3 singers/non-plug in instruments?

Hi, I'm new to the forum and need some help! I've had an RO9HR for c. a year, and it's great! I now want to get more creative, but am not very technical. I often sing with one or two friends - would we all need to sing into the same microphone on the V100? We often use instruments that can't be plugged in, like whistles and hurdy-gurdys - would these also need to share the same mic? As much as I like the portability of the V100, and think it looks very exciting from the videos I've seen, would it really suit our circumstances?

2 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Is V100 good for c. 3 singers/non-plug in instruments? 2009/04/30 16:18:13 (permalink)
    It has 2 front inputs with preamps, 2 trs inputs, 2 rca inputs and 2 digital inputs all available at once. So you can run 2 mics at once w/o anything else, tho the other inputs will work with extra preamps. So, two mics out of the box and 8 with help.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    silkseasiren
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Is V100 good for c. 3 singers/non-plug in instruments? 2009/05/07 05:37:41 (permalink)
    Many thanks AT. I don't think it has a built in microphone like the RO9HR - I'm thinking of the gear I'd need to carry.

Hi Cakewalk - there is a market out here with musicians who aren't technical - yet - and simple info explaining the terms used and functions in straightforward language that non-tech people can understand would really help - and make the difference between thinking about making the leap into V100, and actually making it. This is a great product for first-timers in music production, but we need to fully understand it beyond the tech!!! Thank you.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1