Errors galore!

Author
fooman
Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1382
2009/05/10 12:50:48 (permalink)

Errors galore!

I am still having issues with these few problem projects. Last night happened to be in the presence of paying clients and I could not open 2 of 12 songs within Sonar 7 or 8.3.1.

The error was the same both times.

A dialog popped up after the project loaded: There was a software exception 0x40000015 at location 0x1dadda95
Another exception dialog came up after that: R6025 - Pure Virtual Function Call

This happened after a reboot of Sonar as well as the PC running Windows XP SP3, 2GB RAM, 32-bit version of Sonar.

This happened exactly the same on two seperate project files within S7. The reason I use S7 is because S8 already will not open these files without giving me an "Out of Memory" error.

I am sorry I did not write down exact error messages, as clients were watching as it happened and I was panicking a bit.
This project is going to mastering very soon and I must continue to work on it, yet I can't get it to open for longer than 10 seconds before this happens.

Any ideas?

11 Replies Related Threads

Susan G
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12016
    RE: Errors galore! 2009/05/10 12:55:18 (permalink)
    Hi fooman-

Are you able to open the projects in Safe Mode (hold the Shift key while opening them)? That will let you bypass any FX or Synths that might be causing the problem.

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
    Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
    SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64
    fooman
    RE: Errors galore! 2009/05/10 13:11:55 (permalink)
    Hey Susan!
    Honestly, not sure. Clients were there and we still had to work on other tunes in the project so I continued.
    I will try it out asap.

I will see what I can do and report back later on today or early tomorrow. I was hoping someone would perhaps recognize the error msg

I've also sent this to CS, so if they help out I will report that as well so others can get something from this.
    fooman
    RE: Errors galore! 2009/05/10 14:21:02 (permalink)
    I opened up one of the two sessions, started playback, and it played. I then went to save the project and got this:

- Exception during "dispatchEffectClass": Access violation at address OE6906A6 in module 'VoxengoiTapeBuss.dll" Write at address 00000000 (23 0 0)

But it still saved the project.

I went to open a Voxengo plugin already in use (VoxengoSpan) and got:
    - WndProc exception on 00000000F: CreateDIBSection () returned error in LinearBitmap

It was a blank GUI.

I guess I could uninstall my Voxengo plugs and reinstall them, but when doing so, will this mess up my current projects at all? I am very weary of this because all of them use Voxengo plugs.

EDIT:
    I reopen the project and am working on it now. I am SO scared of this project simply dying before I'm finished with it

EDIT #2:
    I opened up both of the trouble projects in safe mode, and disabled ALL instances of Melodyne and was able to play and mixdown the projects. Now my question is, how does this effect frozen tracks. That is, tracks frozen with Melodyne in the FX Bin?
    post edited by fooman - 2009/05/10 15:46:43
    fooman
    RE: Errors galore! 2009/05/10 15:40:50 (permalink)
    Bump.
    Didn't know making edits to the post wouldn't bump the thread.
    ba_midi
    • Total Posts : 14061
    RE: Errors galore! 2009/05/10 15:57:08 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: fooman

Bump.
    Didn't know making edits to the post wouldn't bump the thread.

Just to be safe, if I were you, I'd run a full memory test on your system; check for overheating (CPU Fanworking??) and check cables.

Sometimes it's the obvious stuff that isn't so obvious.

I had one friend having issues and told him to simply take a vacuum cleaner and clean everything out.
    He did so - started the system up, and voila it worked.

Not everything will be that simple, of course; but ya never know.

post edited by ba_midi - 2009/05/10 16:06:10

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
    Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
    Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
    fooman
    RE: Errors galore! 2009/05/10 17:34:11 (permalink)
    I did a memory test using MemTest86+ just now.
    It passed according to the msg on the bottom part of the text-based GUI after running it for an hour.

I clean my PC about once per month, and it's fairly new parts within the computer. As in I've had the mobo and processor upgraded within the past 6 months. RAM is ~1 year old.

I have only seen this sort of issue with this particular band, who's projects were started in Pro Tools and then imported into Sonar. 12 projects/songs total, and 4-5 of them have to be worked on in Sonar 7 because Sonar 8 refuses to load them correctly. 2 in particular have this issue where I can't mix them down to a stereo WAV without errors.

As I said, I can play and bounce em down without Melodyne loaded after starting in 'safe mode'. I may have to just redo all of my tuning..... which sucks in this instance because it's a band with 4-part harmonies and a TON of vocal parts. O well.
    post edited by fooman - 2009/05/10 17:43:20
    Blades
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3246
    RE: Errors galore! 2009/05/10 18:14:57 (permalink)
    Are there any Meodyne updates?

I'd do this:

Make an image of your system as it is right now (Ghost or similar) and a backup of all of the projects involved in this bigger project.
    Remove and Install Melodyne
    Re-open projects and see if that helped.

I had similar problems with the Line6 Gearbox VST for some reason out of the blue. I had errors like this with any projects that contained it and had limited success until Line6 released an update, which when installed corrected the problem for all affected projects. It was probably a combination of things in my case, as it worked at one point, then stopped working, and then after removing and reinstalling the old, know working version, it still didn't work - but the newest release did.

Hope this helps.

Blades
    www.blades.technology  - Technology Info and Tutorials for Music and Web
    ba_midi
    • Total Posts : 14061
    RE: Errors galore! 2009/05/10 19:47:18 (permalink)
    You could save the melodyne settings as a preset, then try deleting it from the project and re-inserting it.
    It may work - and it may not.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
    Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
    Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
    fooman
    RE: Errors galore! 2009/05/11 11:31:05 (permalink)
    After corresponding with the CS from Celemony, it seems that it's simply a matter of memory.
    The difference in Window's PageFile with and without Melodyne is over a Gig of memory.
    Another GB of RAM may do me some good for these larger projects.

I'm hoping Cake will also get back to me about the specific msgs I wrote down, and the dump file I sent them.

Until then, I think I'm going to start commiting my Melodyne work to a new track, archiving the old track, and then deleting the instance of Melodyne!
    woodenmusic
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 87
    Re:Errors galore! 2010/11/22 17:38:31 (permalink)
    I get the same R6025 error, but it completely locks up the confuser. It always happens when I open the Cakewalk FxEq plugin, which has been part of my "start here" template throughout the recording phase of the last album, the last 4 months. Why now??? I haven't used anything Melodyne for quite some time. Haven't used it in so long that I didn't even load it when I got this windows 7 machine.

I have 8gb of working ram, and more drive space than I know what to do with. Frankly, I firmly believe this, and several other problems I've had are relative to conflicts created by the wonderful Windows Updates. (I deplore Windows!, but I'm too cheap to get a Mac, so I suffer).

I've tried the Microsoft directed fixes to no avail. I hate to think that I might have to start all over again, from scratch! Did I mention, I hate Windows!

Woodenmusic:
    Cakewalk by Bandlab
    X2a Pro, i5, 4 processor PC, 16gig Ram,
    2T 7200rpm HD,
    Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Interface
    daveny5
    • Total Posts : 16934
    RE: Errors galore! 2010/11/22 22:38:02 (permalink)

I did a memory test using MemTest86+ just now. It passed according to the msg on the bottom part of the text-based GUI after running it for an hour.

That's not long enough to really test your memory. Let it run overnight.

I think your problem is that you don't have enough memory. 2GB with that many plugs is not enough. The problem is you can only go up to 3GB with 32-bit Windows. That might help though.
    post edited by daveny5 - 2010/11/22 22:40:12

Dave
    Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
    Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
    Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
    Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
    Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1