Dimension Pro weird behavior

Author
ryedowitz
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
2009/06/24 22:29:58 (permalink)

Dimension Pro weird behavior

Hello all,

I recently upgraded to Sonar 8 with Dimension Pro and have a couple of weird problems. Maybe someone can clue me in to what's going on and if there are any solutions:

1) When I open up older projects with tracks that used Dimension LE, Sonar gives me the "Missing Plug-Ins" error. This seems like a mistake- is the software really not smart enough to substitute Dimension Pro for Dimension LE? All of the patches in LE are available in Pro. I'm forced to delete the LE plug in from the track, add the Pro plug in, then load the patch. Even finding the patch is a problem because I don't remember what patch was being used! I need to open the file in Sonar 7 just so I can see the patches I was using.

2) When exchanging files with a friend who has the same version of Sonar as I do, some of his Dimension Pro tracks open up fine on my computer while some of them result in the same "Missing Plug-In" error.

Any ideas on either of these problems?

Thanks,
Rob

4 Replies Related Threads

rstollen
    Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1561
    RE: Dimension Pro weird behavior 2009/06/25 00:30:16 (permalink)
    You may as well think of Dimension LE and Dimension Pro as completely different instruments. Dimension Pro does not "update" LE, and it's stored in a different folder. It's not really a "not smart enough" issue. Maybe you should reinstall LE and have both on your system so that your older projects will work.

8.5.1 PE, i7 920, GA-EX58-UD4P, 6gb Corsair DDR3, 2 x Barracuda 500gb, HIS Radeon GS-4670 Fanless 1gb DDR3, XP Pro SP3, dual 24" monitors, Axiom 61, Korg Triton Pro, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, VG-99, Yamaha MSP5, Fostex PM0.5
    ryedowitz
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 19
    RE: Dimension Pro weird behavior 2009/06/25 07:25:24 (permalink)
    Thanks for your reply. I feared this was the case but it's such a handicap, that I may have chosen not to upgrade to Dimension Pro had I known it was going to work this way.

I have a similar problem with some of the effects processors bundled with Sonar. Seems that some of them have been eliminated from Sonar 8. So now when I open one of my older songs with Dimension Pro LE and older effects in it, its missing instruments and effects and I could easily spend days trying to get the song to sound right again. I would expect to see a lot more discussion about these problems here, since I can't be the only user who finds these problems infuriating...
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Dimension Pro weird behavior 2009/06/25 12:21:59 (permalink)
    It is easy to add back discontinued effects/synths - you just need the old disk. Custom install what you need.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    rstollen
    Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1561
    RE: Dimension Pro weird behavior 2009/06/25 14:57:55 (permalink)

Yeah, it's like AT said. I just built a new PC and therefore had to install everything again. I installed Sonar 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7, and performed a custom setup that included just the plugs. Then I did a full install of Version 8. Actually, there's a few goodies in Sonar II XL that I might need to install too.

Sometimes, Cakewalk makes deals with 3rd parties for the inclusion of their products in Sonar, but those deals might be for only one version.

8.5.1 PE, i7 920, GA-EX58-UD4P, 6gb Corsair DDR3, 2 x Barracuda 500gb, HIS Radeon GS-4670 Fanless 1gb DDR3, XP Pro SP3, dual 24" monitors, Axiom 61, Korg Triton Pro, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, VG-99, Yamaha MSP5, Fostex PM0.5
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1