Seeking the sheet music for the demo song in Rapture Exp. Pack 1

Author
simonhookway
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2009/07/08 15:25:31 (permalink)

Seeking the sheet music for the demo song in Rapture Exp. Pack 1

I have recently bought the Rapture VST and have also downloaded Expansion Packs 1 & 2. I use it within Cubase 5 but am fraught with frustration as I try to do the following.

If you go to: http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/Rapture/default.asp and then click on the 'Listen To Sound Examples' link you get brought to: http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/Rapture/RaptureWebStreamer.swf

If you then click the arrow next to: 'NEW1 - Expansion Pack 1' the list will expand to reveal: ' - Demo Song - '. If you click this demo song it will play.

My simple question is, how do I get to see the sheet music for this song? e.g. the instruments played, the notes selected, the effects tweaked etc.

One of the main reasons I bought Rapture was because of the quality of this song. Now I try to recreate this style of music and I am finding it very difficult. I am needing a foot on the ladder and would love to know how the original composer did it.

Can anybody help?

If not, then is there anywhere else I can turn to, to see how other people have made their trance / dance music. I am not looking anymore for help or advice or hints and tips; moreover I am looking for their genuine sheet music / notes played / instruments used etc.

I write this in frustration but hope there is somebody out there that can help.

Thanks.

7 Replies Related Threads

techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: Seeking the sheet music for the demo song in Rapture Exp. Pack 1 2009/07/08 16:45:14 (permalink)
    If you have or can get your hands on the Cakewalk Project5 DAW software then you might get closer to what you're after. Project5 comes with some great tutorial demo songs and you have full access to all the MIDI and audio used in them. There is also a load of user-contributed songs and sounds at Patch Arena that will be generally available soon--this is dance/trance/whatever content generated by users of Cakewalk Project5 and they may have the entire Project5 project file available for the songs.
    chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    RE: Seeking the sheet music for the demo song in Rapture Exp. Pack 1 2009/07/08 16:53:38 (permalink)
    For what it's worth Expansion Pack 1 was developed by René and sound designer Nico Herz from Big Tone Studios. So the demo songs were composed by them. My guess is that it was René, and that he used only multiple instances of Rapture for the demo track with no external FX.
    René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Seeking the sheet music for the demo song in Rapture Exp. Pack 1 2009/07/09 00:32:46 (permalink)
    Yup I wrote that little demo track, I'm glad you like it. You can get the SONAR project for it here. All the music and program data is on it.

I'm afraid I don't have the time to offer you converting it to Cubase, but probably you can get someone with SONAR to help. IIRC it's 13 instances of Rapture, all programs from the XP1, no external effects. I think I used one instance of Dimension Pro for a reverse cymbal somewhere. I don't think there's even any EQ (except for the one in the Rapture programs). It was a very in-a-rush track.

-René

fr4ncesco
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 197
    RE: Seeking the sheet music for the demo song in Rapture Exp. Pack 1 2009/07/09 02:59:32 (permalink)
    OT
    great to see you here René

chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    RE: Seeking the sheet music for the demo song in Rapture Exp. Pack 1 2009/07/09 08:45:53 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: René
    Yup I wrote that little demo track, I'm glad you like it. You can get the SONAR project for it here.

WOW it doesn't get any closer then that!

ORIGINAL: René
    All the music and program data is on it.

Did someone say remix contest?

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Seeking the sheet music for the demo song in Rapture Exp. Pack 1 2009/07/10 16:11:57 (permalink)
    yep there is DP used in it..erm also lexicon patheon and a bit of EQ.

I guess I can just save out the midi and port it, 2 versions.. since later versions of cubase don't support ARR

I'll port it in at some point and add the link here.
    post edited by Fog - 2009/07/10 16:24:09
    simonhookway
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: Seeking the sheet music for the demo song in Rapture Exp. Pack 1 2009/07/11 03:11:24 (permalink)
    To René.

May I just pass on the biggest thanks ever. Really.

I got your project download and then got a demo version of Sonar 7 to open it up in. From there I have spent a good 10 - 15 solid hours of seeing what you did and how to import the techniques into Cubase 5. It's been a bit of a struggle (as I seemingly need to close down and open up only one of the two applications at a time) but it has been definitely worth it.

I can see now how you get those incredible special effects to work, how the modulation wheel is king, how the rifts are put together etc etc.

My passion, no doubt like yours, is to make good music and this has helped tremendously. I cannot thank you enough.

May you continue to make excellent music in the years to come.

Thanks once again,

Simon
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1