VOLUME ADJUSTMENTS - BLIPP OR ANYONE

Author
nightriderXL
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1249
2009/07/12 00:41:10 (permalink)

VOLUME ADJUSTMENTS - BLIPP OR ANYONE

Hello everyone , is John around or anyone else that might know ?
Lately I have had issues with my Volume track levels changing on me after I have set them to the correct and desired level I wanted.
I go to save and next thing I see is my track level increasing on me, it doesn't seem to stay in the spot I set it at.

Anyone else have this issue and if so can it be fixed ?

Check back later thanks !

NIGHTRIDERXL -XP PRO - INTEL 3.0GHZ -3GB RAM MEMORY -GEFORCE 8500 1GB VIDEO CARD -E-MU O4O4 CREATIVE PRO SOUND CARD

61 KEY YAMAHA MIDI KEYBOARD -25 MIDI KEYBOARD CONTROLLER AXIOM 25 - PEAVEY PV-6 MIXER
SONAR HOME STUDIO 7 XL - PROJECT 5 VERSION 2

6 Replies Related Threads

xylyx
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2505
    RE: VOLUME ADJUSTMENTS - BLIPP OR ANYONE 2009/07/12 06:13:57 (permalink)
    Does the volume just change when you start playing back the song? If so, it would seem that you have some volume automation somewhere...in which case, you'll need to check for track or pattern automation for the volume. If the volume is changing without playing back, then do you have a midi device connected, as that could be sending rogue data that is affecting the volume?
    nightriderXL
    RE: VOLUME ADJUSTMENTS - BLIPP OR ANYONE 2009/07/12 13:39:54 (permalink)
    xylyx

Does the volume just change when you start playing back the song? If so, it would seem that you have some volume automation somewhere...in which case, you'll need to check for track or pattern automation for the volume. If the volume is changing without playing back, then do you have a midi device connected, as that could be sending rogue data that is affecting the volume?

Thanks for the help xylyx , I just woke up . I have been fighting this really bad cold for a day and a half so I ended up sleeping for nine hours trying to get rid of it .
    About this pattern automation where in P5 do I locate that setting , I haven't looked but I will start looking.
    I tried recording the affected track over at a lower volume but yes on playback and when I save the volume slider increases and certain parts of the song putting me in the RED on the meter.

Thanks for the information I will start looking to see what I can find in P5.

Cheers!
    post edited by nightriderXL - 2009/07/12 13:51:56

NIGHTRIDERXL -XP PRO - INTEL 3.0GHZ -3GB RAM MEMORY -GEFORCE 8500 1GB VIDEO CARD -E-MU O4O4 CREATIVE PRO SOUND CARD

61 KEY YAMAHA MIDI KEYBOARD -25 MIDI KEYBOARD CONTROLLER AXIOM 25 - PEAVEY PV-6 MIXER
    blipp
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7006
    RE: VOLUME ADJUSTMENTS - BLIPP OR ANYONE 2009/07/12 15:27:33 (permalink)
    Yeah i've had this happen to me a few times and it can be very annoying. Sometimes i've just tried to scrub out the auto-automation pattern with the pointer thingy, but does'nt always work. If all else fails you can leave the faulty track there and move the music part to a duplicate track. A bit of a messy workround, but it usually works.
    xylyx
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2505
    RE: VOLUME ADJUSTMENTS - BLIPP OR ANYONE 2009/07/12 16:49:31 (permalink)
    Pattern automation is held within a pattern, so it would mean checking each pattern on one of the affected tracks - the third icon is for automation, so click that and make sure that Volume is displayed in the box next to it to see if there is anything odd there. You may as well check the track automation first though, as this is a quicker and easier thing to check than the pattern automation.
    nightriderXL
    RE: VOLUME ADJUSTMENTS - BLIPP OR ANYONE 2009/07/12 19:24:25 (permalink)

blipp

Yeah i've had this happen to me a few times and it can be very annoying. Sometimes i've just tried to scrub out the auto-automation pattern with the pointer thingy, but does'nt always work. If all else fails you can leave the faulty track there and move the music part to a duplicate track. A bit of a messy workround, but it usually works.

Thanks John atlease I'm not the only one with this issue , you say move the music part to a duplicate track you mean drag it down after I reset my Volume level ?

nightriderXL
    RE: VOLUME ADJUSTMENTS - BLIPP OR ANYONE 2009/07/12 19:26:45 (permalink)

xylyx

Pattern automation is held within a pattern, so it would mean checking each pattern on one of the affected tracks - the third icon is for automation, so click that and make sure that Volume is displayed in the box next to it to see if there is anything odd there. You may as well check the track automation first though, as this is a quicker and easier thing to check than the pattern automation.

Thanks I will have to check all these areas out before I save to see if that helps.

Thanks for the advice!

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1