Helpful ReplyRapture Pan stepper question

Author
Klinke777
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 22
2009/07/22 16:48:31 (permalink)

Rapture Pan stepper question

Hi, i have a little problem with Rapture. Maybe someone can help...

For each Element is a pan step-generator: My problem is that it just pans to the right side, when i raise bars/draw steps in the generator (sound moves from middle to right).

Question: What do i have to do, that i can pan the element from middle to left and from middle to right in the step-generator?

Maybe i understood it wrong, but for me it makes no sense the way it is now.... 

In the Global section are two steppers (1 for left-1 for right) ...that makes sense and workes well. But i cant use the element pan-stepper(same with the envelopes above..btw)

plz help

---------edit: I clicked through alot presets and recognised that the element-pan-stepper is rarely used at all...i found some presets where it is used. And there happens the same: The panning just works between middle and right side.
If thats the only way it works...then its (half)useless.

plz proove me wrong!
post edited by Klinke777 - 2009/07/22 18:08:56

Don't phase me, bro.
b rock
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8717
Re:Rapture Pan stepper question 2009/07/22 20:32:23 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
In Rapture, the step generators, envelopes, and LFOs will all add or subtract from the current position of its target parameter.  In a filter modulator, the target parameter would be one of the Cutoff knobs.  With a pan modulator, the target will be the Pan knob position of the current Element.

If your Pan knob is centered at 0.0%, and you enable a Pan step sequencer with a Depth value of 100%, you can only pan to the right.  It's adding 100% to the pan position value (0.0%).  Move the Pan knob position fully left (-100%), and that same Pan step sequencer pattern will move the sound from hard left towards center.

So, how would you make the pan travel to the left?  The step sequencers don't allow for negative Depth values, like an envelope does, or an LFO can do (alternately).  You'll have to 'trick' the sequencer into values that move negatively.  Click on the Modulation Matrix button (third small icon from the left in that group of four), and add a single 'slot' to it:

Source: CC127  Destination: Pan 1  Depth: -100%  Smooth: 0.0

You'll find the step sequencer patterns heading in the opposite direction.  Experiment with various Element Pan positions, add your Pan step sequencer, and when you want the pan motion to change direction, fill in the Modulation Matrix 'slot' described above.
Klinke777
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 22
Re:Rapture Pan stepper question 2009/07/23 01:00:19 (permalink)
Ok...actually it wasnt so hard...when the pan knob is on left, its easy to get the pan-middle with "snap to 12 steps" and then its like i wanted it. (looks like 100% is...100%..all times..great :)  ). Or when the pan-knob is full left, its like lowering the zero-bar in the step-sequencer and a full step lets the sound pan complete right. 
THX for reply.
post edited by Klinke777 - 2009/07/23 01:15:41

Don't phase me, bro.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1