ANY KEYBOARD PLAYERS? Trying to reproduce a specific KB Tone

Author
LamerPawnage
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 91
2009/07/26 02:01:24 (permalink)

ANY KEYBOARD PLAYERS? Trying to reproduce a specific KB Tone

I'm a guitarist by trade, but as of late, I've been dabbling with the Keys.  I'm working within Dimension Pro.  I have reproduced and created some some nice sounds for the genre I like, but there is a specific sound I'm trying to recreate and absolutely clueless as to how to achieve the desired tone. One of my biggest downfalls is that when I start trying to recreate the sound, I end up tweaking it into something completely new and different, but, when I do stay focused, I just can't seem to get the end result.  I can email a sample for anyone willing to undertake to task (that is of course, unless there's anyone out there famiiar with the particular sound I'm trying to reproduce;).  Whomever is successful can email the elements and settings.

This particular keyboard sound is found during the keyboard solos on the following songs: "The Violin Song" and "Inflection" from the album Premonition by Tony MacAlpine.  Jens Johansen is playing the keyboard parts on these two particularr tracks.  Tony MacAlpine is a MONSTER pianist (for those who have never heard of him - you can hear him playing true piano on tracks six (6) and eleven (11) if you have iTunes - he's a master of Chopin).

Anyway, any help offered will be much appreciated!  Feel free to PM me.

Thank you!

post edited by LamerPawnage - 2009/07/26 02:03:18

Vista64, ASUS P5B, Core2X, 4G-ram, 3-10K RPM Sata II VelociRaptors (1x75 Gig - Cake; 2x150 Gig Storage), 1x1TB xMy Book; 9800GT GPU, AQUOS 32" 1080p. 

Sonar 8.3.1, MOTU 2408 MK III, Mackie HR824's, Mackie 1604VLZ Pro, AlphaTrack, M-Audio Axiom61, Line6 xtPro Rack, Boogie 20/20, Boogie 2-2x12 Roadsters, Ibanez JEM, Ibanez RG470, Ibanez 7321, Ibanez Acoustic, Yamaha Classical, Fender Precision Deluxe '02, Fender Acoustic and a Les Paul.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1