zoom function and wheel

Author
tkzic
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14
2009/08/03 15:29:10 (permalink)

zoom function and wheel

I recently replaced a mackie control with the vs-700c

on the mackie, i would keep the zoom button pressed (lit up)  so i could zoom in and out with left/right arrows and scroll with the wheel.

on the vs-700, you can press shift-scroll to enter zoom mode, but then the wheel and the arrows both zoom. You can't scroll with the wheel until you get out of zoom mode. 

Is there any way around this?

thanks

tz

1 Reply Related Threads

Jeff Evans
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5139
    Re:zoom function and wheel 2009/08/03 18:05:04 (permalink)
    If you have got 5 bits of music and you want to be able to move around them quickly, scroll mode is good for that. So press SCROLL mode and you are away.

(A better way to navigate to many pieces of music is to create markers. When you press the Punch Edit and Loop Edit buttons in the Record/Edit section, you jump markers quickly)

But back to SCROLL mode. Even if you are in scroll mode, if you hold down the COMMAND button and press the left and right cursors (arrows) you will alwys get a zoom overide operation and you can zoom your project. Let go of COMMAND and you are still in scroll mode. Press SCROLL button again and you are back to NORMAL mode and you are moving NowTime.

I had to read these sections of the manual carefully and a few times. It is all a bit complex around this area but once you get it, these normal/scroll/zoom operations and don't forget SELECT mode as well, that is a beauty. Learn to navigate all your clips in SELECT mode. It beats the pants off the mouse.

There is another big pdf document that suppliments the normal manual. I have sent it to Craig and if you send me an email address I can send it to you as well. Between the two of them you have got it all covered. The other manual explains these navigation modes well too. I recommend printing it out and putting in a folder with plastic A4 inserts. It is called 'Sonar VS-700C Control Surface' Its 94 pages long as well.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1