Howdy, everyone! Just a quick note to let you know we finally released our latest single!

Author
hiberna
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 122
2009/09/01 00:33:00 (permalink)

Howdy, everyone! Just a quick note to let you know we finally released our latest single!

http://killketura.com/

Made entirely with Sonar. :-)

Thanks for everyone who listened / gave feedback. It is much appreciated.

7 Replies Related Threads

foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    Re:Howdy, everyone! Just a quick note to let you know we finally released our latest singl 2009/09/01 13:06:33 (permalink)
    Congrats on the release. How is the other song selling? Is I-Tunes and Rhapsody working out for you?

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    hiberna
    Re:Howdy, everyone! Just a quick note to let you know we finally released our latest singl 2009/09/01 13:13:50 (permalink)
    To be perfectly honest - no. Money-wise, we've made negligible amounts so far.

This is probably due to laziness.

Luckily, we're having a ton of fun creating these singles. We're very happy with the results, so we haven't been focused on how many sales we get. Might be missed opportunity, though.

D
    foxwolfen
    Re:Howdy, everyone! Just a quick note to let you know we finally released our latest singl 2009/09/01 13:47:01 (permalink)
    Yeah, I suspect a heck of a lot of work needs to be done on promo these days, far more than in the old days.

Have you considered a viral marketing approach?

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    hiberna
    Re:Howdy, everyone! Just a quick note to let you know we finally released our latest singl 2009/09/01 14:20:06 (permalink)
    We're actually getting together soon to work on a video that we think might have more legs than our typical "Here we are at practice blah blah blah" stuff - something that might be watched by people outside of the already engaged.

Did you have any particular ideas? Any success stories?

D

blipp
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7006
    Re:Howdy, everyone! Just a quick note to let you know we finally released our latest singl 2009/09/01 16:35:27 (permalink)
    Congrats on the new single. i remembered this track, sounds just as brilliant as it did then.  Hope it's a success for you.

foxwolfen
    Re:Howdy, everyone! Just a quick note to let you know we finally released our latest singl 2009/09/01 17:44:25 (permalink)
    There are a few success stories in a variety of ways, but I am not sure how well it may work at this level. The success stories are more inline with better known bands like Radiohead and NIN.

It has worked for some books and other products, but they have less market saturation overall I think. It is something I have been pondering for a while as it seems to work (for now). But like everything else, it still requires a lot of effort to keep the 'virus' alive until it becomes "self replicating". It is not something I would do exclusively, but as part of a broader strategy.

Composers Forum
    hiberna
    Re:Howdy, everyone! Just a quick note to let you know we finally released our latest singl 2009/09/02 09:09:36 (permalink)
    blipp - Thanks again!

Shad - Yes, I definitely feel like a larger, overall strategy has to be employed. It's difficult to sit down and "come up with" something that would capture people's attention - I'm not gifted in that way. I do, however, get flashes of "semi-genius" now and then...but never about the right things. :-P

Take care.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1