So many problems!!!!

Author
Titania
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2009/09/22 16:12:09 (permalink)

So many problems!!!!

Hi all.

I'll try to explain with my dreadful English what are the problems that torture me in this moment.
I had Cakewalk Home Studio 2002 on my computer (windows xp) and it worked quite well.
Now I've installed Sonar Home Studio 4 on my laptop (vista) and I'm so confused!
This is a list of my problems:

1 - If I try to open a sample file, a warning box appear: "EDIROL VSC(Synth Rack) missing". As written somewhere and as I did before with Cakewalk 2002, I tried to install VST plugins -> Roland VSC 3.2. -> A warning box appears when I start the computer and says: can not load VSCAPI.DLL

2 - I can't play anything, nor recording, nor hearing. The line is locked and if I press space the song doesn't begin.

3 - I can't load .wrk files from Cakewalk 2002, may files are missing. Could they be in C:/Cakewalk Project/Audio Data???

4 - I can't find MIDI inputs (in the Options-Midi Devices windows I see only two outputs: Microsoft Midi Mapper and Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth). I don't have REALTEK AC97 so I can't follow the "How to set up volume control" Topic: my audio device is something called IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, and my MIDI one is Dream Sation DXi, but I don't understand what it means or how it can be useful to me. I installed even Asio4All, without knowing what it is, but I still can't do nothing.

It's so difficult for me to understand!
I checked through the forum but, even the solutions are detailed, I couldn't solve my problems. I hope you can understand what I wrote and help me!
I'm a bit stupid, be patient!
Thank you everybody

Tita

2 Replies Related Threads

Slugbaby
    Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4172
    Re:So many problems!!!! 2009/09/22 16:28:22 (permalink)
    SHS4 was too early for Vista, it's not compatible.  That will likely cover most issues.

1.  Run the VST Adapter to find the folder where Edirol VSC is stored.
    2.  Likely non-vista compatible.
    3.  The .wrk files are projects, not Bundles, correct?  If so, then the audio files are on the XP computer. Save the files as Bundles (.bun I think) and then move them to the new computer.
    4.  Don't use the MIDI devices, you don't need it if you're using softsynths like DreamStation.

Good luck, but you'll probably have to either buy a Vista-compatible version of HomeStudio or downgrade your new computer to XP.

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
    No How
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5180
    Re:So many problems!!!! 2009/09/22 16:37:55 (permalink)
    Titania

3 - I can't load .wrk files from Cakewalk 2002, may files are missing. Could they be in C:/Cakewalk Project/Audio Data???

4 - I can't find MIDI inputs (in the Options-Midi Devices windows I see only two outputs: Microsoft Midi Mapper and Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth). I don't have REALTEK AC97 so I can't follow the "How to set up volume control" Topic: my audio device is something called IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, and my MIDI one is Dream Sation DXi, but I don't understand what it means or how it can be useful to me. I installed even Asio4All, without knowing what it is, but I still can't do nothing.

It's so difficult for me to understand!
    I checked through the forum but, even the solutions are detailed, I couldn't solve my problems. I hope you can understand what I wrote and help me!
    I'm a bit stupid, be patient!
    Thank you everybody

Tita

Yes, It is VERY difficult to understand.  It took me a long time to get this going.
    I would check the Cakewalk Audio Data folder.  check all of your cakewalk folders.
              There is a place in the options , i believe, that will locate all your midi if you click it.
               It may have to do with your soundcard.
               Have you installed soundcard?    New hardware wizard?  Cakewalk should recognize it.

post edited by No How - 2009/09/22 16:56:56

s o n g s

– Beauty lodged in a bad hotel has no value.  Raymond Lull
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1