Cannot Access all my Soundcard inputs in GTP4

Author
Forshaw and Jones
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2009/09/25 08:25:37 (permalink)

Cannot Access all my Soundcard inputs in GTP4

Hello everybody!

After much struggling I decided to come to the cakewalk forum for help. I recently upgraded to GTP4 after using GTP3 for many years. I loved GTP3 so thought the upgrade was a good idea.

Having installed GTP4 successfully I began connecting my equipment ( presonus firebox) and selecting ASIO drivers. This is where the problems started...

Basically, when I got to an audio track, and select the input option, I can only choose from either mic/inst or line in. There isn't a long list that gives me all the input options available on my firebox. When using GTP3, if I clicked on inputs in the track menu, it would give me the entire list of available input options for my firebox, including both line in options and mic/inst options. However in GTP4 I only have a choice of recording through either the line in or the Mic/Instrument option. If I go to 'options'then 'audio' I have to choose the recording device as either Firebox ASIO Driver LineIn L or Firebox ASIO Driver Mic/Inst 1. This was the same in GTP3. However, In GTP3 I still get a list of every input option when I look at the track input section.

Any help in rectifying this would be much appreciated.

I should that technically speaking my pc can handle GTP4 etc. It's just this soundcard thing thats slightly frustrating me....

Big Love,

Mjones

1 Reply Related Threads

Doc_Hollingsworth
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2289
    Re:Cannot Access all my Soundcard inputs in GTP4 2009/09/26 05:18:40 (permalink)
    Hello and welcome to the forum. You might want to check out this post from Willy here.

Doc
    MacBook Pro 15.4 Retina (mid 2015)
    Focusrite Clarett 8PreX & OctoPre
    Logic Pro X 10.2.4/Reason 9.2/Pro Tools 12.7
    Long haired dachshund - requisite studio dog (no short hairs need apply - read the sign)

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1