Dim Pro Editing and Saving Presets Keyboard shortcuts?

Author
Da=man
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 150
2009/09/29 22:28:04 (permalink)

Dim Pro Editing and Saving Presets Keyboard shortcuts?

Okay I've searched for over 3 hours. Arrrrrrrrrrgh

I've done it before but forgotten.

How do you save edited presets in Dim Pro using keyboard shortcuts?

Thanks

Sonar 8.5.3 PE ( More than a  decade of Cakewalk products including  Sonar LE, Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 and Home Studio 7)  Roland Fantom x8, Yamaha MG82cx Mixer, Edirol MA-15D Speakers, M-Audio 24/96 soundcard,  2.8GHZ Core 2 Duo, 4G Ram, Roland TD-3 VDrums, 09 Band in a Box

3 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:Dim Pro Editing and Saving Presets Keyboard shortcuts? 2009/09/30 20:09:38 (permalink)
    erm just use the mouse.. and do .. save as...

next to the patch name, the first icon.. right click.

or right click to save elements.. never used keyboard to do that.

thing is, remember they keyboard is used in the background unless you tell sonar NOT to use it..e.g. "R" will trigger record.. if your typing in a patch name

are you on about within a host or stand alone?

Da=man
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 150
    Re:Dim Pro Editing and Saving Presets Keyboard shortcuts? 2009/09/30 20:51:17 (permalink)
    Thanks Fog .....I know I can use the mouse........but I find it faster to audition patches using just the keyboard and then hit the keyboard commands to save patches I like into my own folder so I can find them quicker next time.

The worst part is that I was doing this a couple weeks ago but my brain has crashed on overload. I'm only just getting my head around the fact that I don't need midi channels for soft synths. I can leave them for my Fantom X. 

Having come from years and years of just 16 midi channels to now having as much as I want I'm really like a kid in a candy store. I'm overeating and then I'll realise it will be better to have just a few.

My work flow has always been to reduce massive amounts of patches into a small amount of stock ones that I can go to when I need them.

Then I only waste time when I have time to waste sifting through lots of patches for a different sound.

Sonar 8.5.3 PE ( More than a  decade of Cakewalk products including  Sonar LE, Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 and Home Studio 7)  Roland Fantom x8, Yamaha MG82cx Mixer, Edirol MA-15D Speakers, M-Audio 24/96 soundcard,  2.8GHZ Core 2 Duo, 4G Ram, Roland TD-3 VDrums, 09 Band in a Box
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:Dim Pro Editing and Saving Presets Keyboard shortcuts? 2009/09/30 20:57:10 (permalink)
    I don't like the browser and it's not good to keep focus..

well less so in DP than rapture.. in rapture at least you can scroll it to the next patch far easier.

you could always make a collection of your favourites anyway.. BUT it's a bit fiddly .. you have to have a few windows open + the DP browser also.

you might find NI kore 2 to your liking.. the pay one.. I use it. It's basically like a container for that.

but sadly some synths don't import to it inc. rapture and dp and other ones that use custom browsers.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1