Need help for Aaron's Mp3 Patch V2.1

Author
aaronbewza
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 65
2009/10/06 14:16:18 (permalink)

Need help for Aaron's Mp3 Patch V2.1

Thanks all of you who have expressed interest in this patch! There have been WAY more of you than I anticipated, and judging from the lack of complaints, it must work well! Thanks again. Please don't hesitate to ask questions or complain... I am eager to fine-tune this thing and I value any input you may have.

A short followup to the small debate this patch started about the legality of Mp3 in general:

Legal Facts about mp3 (directly from Fraunhofer):

"No license is needed for private, non-commercial activities (e.g.
home-entertainment, receiving broadcasts and creating a personal music
library), not generating revenue or other consideration of any kind or
for entities with associated annual gross revenue less than US$ 100,000.00."

taken from:
http://www.mp3licensing.com/royalty/software.html

- in other words, if you don't make $100,000 US a year, royalty fees for using ".mp3" do not apply.

So with this in mind, I'm hard at work right now streamlining this patch to include Variable Bitrates (as well as fixed bitrates which it already has) ... AND I'm building a tool that will let us add and remove multiple Mp3 menu entries from Sonar's "Export Audio" menu without any difficulty.

I'm also trying to fix a possible problem with the desktop shortcut,
 apparently sometimes it points to "C\Program Files (x86)\..." instead of "C:\Program Files\..."

Someone has also generously donated a webpage to help people get this patch... thank you very very much, I'm not sure if I should provide full credits here at this time but I will provide that info once I get permission.
When I'm done streamlining this thing, it will be version 2.1 and I'll make a new forum post at that time, in a couple of days.

Are there any programming rebels out there who would like to help build this into a nice, easy interface? I'm totally open to suggestions. I do not hold claim on any of the software used in this patch, only the idea to build the registry entries required to patch the menu headings. It does not touch or affect ANY existing Cakewalk software... it simply creates custom .REG files on the user's computer without installing them, leaving the user to choose which ones he/she wants to include.

I'm at blackwidowfarms (at) hotmail.com or contact me through one of my websites..
thanks!
Aaron Bewza

You never get a third chance to make a second impression.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1