dimension pro, second hand, downloading content?

Author
dasdeck
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2009/10/11 03:52:42 (permalink)

dimension pro, second hand, downloading content?

hi there. someone wants to sell me his dimension pro license. unfortunately he can not delivet the content, as he seem to have lost it. can i get the content elsewhere und use the license with it?
thanks!

jm

9 Replies Related Threads

Glyn Barnes
    Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7564
    Re:dimension pro, second hand, downloading content? 2009/10/11 04:25:32 (permalink)
    dasdeck

hi there. someone wants to sell me his dimension pro license. unfortunately he can not delivet the content, as he seem to have lost it. can i get the content elsewhere und use the license with it?
    thanks!

jm

If the Dim Pro EUA is the same as Sonar's then he cannot legally sell you his license.

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
    Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
    Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:dimension pro, second hand, downloading content? 2009/10/11 17:38:42 (permalink)
    there is no place to download the DimPro content, which is about 8.5 gigs.  the whole program comes on 2 DVDs, I think. 

Does your friend also wish to sell you a car w/ an engine?  Ask him to find the content disk and look at the EUA, too.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    dasdeck
    Re:dimension pro, second hand, downloading content? 2009/10/11 19:29:08 (permalink)
    i've read EUA but i'm still not shure whether transfers are allowed.
    the car engine comparison is weak :|.
    software is not made out of steal bro ;).
    i don't know the person personally...so i don't know wether he would sell me a car without engine.
    he seems to be a reliable seller...if transfers are not allowed he may just not know...
    i could simply get the data by buying the program at a music store, installing it, not registering it with the bought info, and give it back ;)...or use a back up copy...so the remaining question is the legality of a license transfer.
    can you help me please :)

update:

it seems to be an unused license.
    the seller lost the package when he moved his studio.
    so this should be no problem right?
    so if i buy the license from the seller i should be a regular customer to cakewalk, just that i lost my install discs, in wich case i'd expect cakewalk to offer a solution (can't be that hard, after all its just software ). (i mean "expect" in a polite way, i have no hard feelings if they don't help out  , but i'd find a apropiate solution for shure (i'm a developer myself).

jm

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:dimension pro, second hand, downloading content? 2009/10/12 01:29:35 (permalink)
    jm,

no disrespect intended - Cake uses a number registration system which is very easy to abuse.  The SONAR forum gets a lot of questions of whether to buy a 3rd party SONAR Disks.  AS I understand it, once a product is registered to a user, Cake doesn't let you upgrade, etc.  There have been people that bought such packs and can't use them.  Just trying to save you that headache.

So the analogy should have been buying a car but getting the engine only - no body, training, etc.

But if the DimPro has never been registered, you are probably good to go.  However, you still need the disks. As I said, the content is very big since it includes the programs and samples.

You can try calling Cake and see if you can get a replacement disk.  That would be about the only way, as there doesn't seem to be a downloadable, demo DimPro.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    dasdeck
    Re:dimension pro, second hand, downloading content? 2009/10/12 03:10:30 (permalink)
    i guess i can trust the seller.
    I buy from a seller at a forum's market place,
    (not exactly the darkest corner of the web)
    who seems to have made legit sales already.

he does not sell third party copys...and i do not intend to pay for a replacement disc.
    the data seems to be about 6 GB large... as large as a larger linux distro...this is not BFD or some other very large library, wich still should be downloadable in single cases...i'm not suggesting that they should make a public download.
    cakewalk could just point me to a private ftp link and thats it.

thanks....i was hoping to get a precise answer from cakewalk support staff (i'll have to write a letter to them i guess :)).

cheers!

jm
    Glyn Barnes
    Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7564
    Re:dimension pro, second hand, downloading content? 2009/10/12 03:55:30 (permalink)
    dasdeck

thanks....i was hoping to get a precise answer from cakewalk support staff (i'll have to write a letter to them i guess :)).

cheers!

jm
    You might get an answer form someone in Cakewak on the forum, but you might not. It's a peer to peer forum and Cake staff look in occasionally. Its best to contact them directly.

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
    Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
    Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
    dasdeck
    Re:dimension pro, second hand, downloading content? 2009/10/12 04:54:37 (permalink)
    yup, done that now.
    thanks for your effort my friends :)
    cheers
    jm
    syrath
    Max Output Level: -34.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4075
    Re:dimension pro, second hand, downloading content? 2009/10/12 06:21:09 (permalink)
    If they made it a public download, then they would effectively be giving pirate users of the software a way to get it. All it would take is someone to make they're reg numbers public, and then the people that run pirate software, just get a hold of the serial number and the download.

ChristopherM
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1921
    Re:dimension pro, second hand, downloading content? 2009/10/28 16:12:22 (permalink)
    software is not made out of steal bro ;).
    Very Freudian.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1