Changing Dimension Pro Contents folder in registry breaks DimPro [Solved]

Author
skeewiff
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 265
2009/11/10 15:37:03 (permalink)

Changing Dimension Pro Contents folder in registry breaks DimPro [Solved]

Hi all.

Have just invested in a Crucial M225 SSD for my main system, and am trying to cut down on unnecessary bumpf. Mainly this means moving content for RXP, beatscape & Dimension onto another drive or my 64GB will get eaten up in no time!

Have succesfully edited registry for RXP player so as to move content to another drive. But the original fix for Dimension Pro no longer works:

I have tried editing the "contents" and "multisamples" keys found at: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software\Dimension Pro" but that just breaks Dimension Pro altogether - and as a result it will not load at all VST/DXi 32bit or 64bit. Restoring the original location fixes it.

Also, the links to "tweakdimension" on this forum no longer work - so that particular easy-ix is no longer an option (wish I'd saved it somewhere safe!!!!)

Am I missing something? Are we still obliged to have to fiddle with the registry just to change where we keep our samples? Or have I missed something along the line and this is now achieved a lot more easily without re-installing or nerding about in hexadecimaland.

Any help would be appreciated, as I 'm pretty sure many will come up against this as small SSDs get installed into many more DAWs.

ta!
post edited by skeewiff - 2009/11/10 16:56:55

6 Replies Related Threads

chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:Changing Dimension Pro Contents folder in registry breaks DimPro (7x64) 2009/11/10 15:56:19 (permalink)
    What error message is Dimension Pro showing?

Are you running your host as Administrator? (right click icon, select run as Admin)
    skeewiff
    Re:Changing Dimension Pro Contents folder in registry breaks DimPro (7x64) 2009/11/10 16:28:43 (permalink)
    chad

What error message is Dimension Pro showing?

Are you running your host as Administrator? (right click icon, select run as Admin)

I am running Sonar as administrator and I've taken the UAC slider down to the bottom. Dimension Pro only fails to work if I change the contents & multisamples folder - works otherwise.

Cheers anyway.
    chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:Changing Dimension Pro Contents folder in registry breaks DimPro (7x64) 2009/11/10 16:36:36 (permalink)
    Hmmm...

You are running SONAR 32 right?

What if you try just changing/moving your Multisamples folder and Multisamples registry, leaving the Contents folder as is?

skeewiff
    Re:Changing Dimension Pro Contents folder in registry breaks DimPro (7x64) [SOLVED] 2009/11/10 16:55:28 (permalink)
    chad

Hmmm...

You are running SONAR 32 right?

What if you try just changing/moving your Multisamples folder and Multisamples registry, leaving the Contents folder as is?

...and bingo was his name!

SOLVED - nice one CHAD!

Leave the reference to the "programs" folder where it is and just change the path to the "muiltisamples" folder (which is the big 8.5 gb folder anyway)

Thanks very much! You da man!
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    Re:Changing Dimension Pro Contents folder in registry breaks DimPro [Solved] 2009/11/13 12:26:15 (permalink)
    skeewiff

Also, the links to "tweakdimension" on this forum no longer work - so that particular easy-ix is no longer an option (wish I'd saved it somewhere safe!!!!)
    tweakDimension is available at http://www.technetos.com/technetos/software/tweakDimension.zip as it has always been.  But the P5 Wiki is broken (which also linked to it) so maybe that was the link to which you are referring....

techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    Re:Changing Dimension Pro Contents folder in registry breaks DimPro [Solved] 2009/11/13 12:28:36 (permalink)
    If you change the value of the content registry entry for Dimension Pro then you will need to move several folders (like resources for bitmaps, etc) in order for Dimension Pro to work correctly.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1