Slow it down, & pick it out??

Author
thunderkyss
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1207
2009/12/04 18:23:31 (permalink)

Slow it down, & pick it out??

Does Cakewalk's Guitar Tracks Pro offer any kind of special tool to help aspiring guitarist break down songs & learn new licks?

4 Replies Related Threads

Doc_Hollingsworth
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2289
    Re:Slow it down, & pick it out?? 2009/12/07 09:33:01 (permalink)
    you mean like slowing a song down so you can pick out a lick or solo?

You can import the track and then convert it to a groove clip. Then change the tempo.

You can also use the looping feature to be able to take a certain part of a song and have it repeat over indefinitely.

You can also use the right-left pan to isolate a track in the stereo mix and use the EQ to further push the guitars up in the mix. But to really be able to take track isolation to the next level you may need the raw tracks.

I have noticed of late that several bands have been including in their deluxe editions independent tracks for pulling into a DAW to make it easier to learn their songs or to remix them for the listeners pleasure.

Dream Theater's Black Clouds and Silver Linings Limited Edition allows consumers to do this. I saw a couple of others recently but the artist names escape me at the moment.

Doc
    MacBook Pro 15.4 Retina (mid 2015)
    Focusrite Clarett 8PreX & OctoPre
    Logic Pro X 10.2.4/Reason 9.2/Pro Tools 12.7
    Long haired dachshund - requisite studio dog (no short hairs need apply - read the sign)

thunderkyss
    Re:Slow it down, & pick it out?? 2009/12/12 15:09:20 (permalink)
    Doc_Hollingsworth

you mean like slowing a song down so you can pick out a lick or solo?

You can import the track and then convert it to a groove clip. Then change the tempo.

You can also use the looping feature to be able to take a certain part of a song and have it repeat over indefinitely.

You can also use the right-left pan to isolate a track in the stereo mix and use the EQ to further push the guitars up in the mix.

Yes, those are the things I'm talking about. I can do those things in many DAWs... I was hoping Guitar tracks provided a tool that would make it easy. As this program is "customized" for guitar players, I was kind of hoping.

Thanks for your reply.

pistolpete
    Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1584
    Re:Slow it down, & pick it out?? 2009/12/12 17:12:53 (permalink)
    There was at one time a program called "Slow Blast" that was included on the GT2 bundle. If you run a Line6 gear box it will allow you slow down things for you to learn.
    thunderkyss
    Re:Slow it down, & pick it out?? 2013/03/22 17:37:22 (permalink)
    It took a while for someone to come up with something truly useful for guitar players, but they did. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX0HxLDPYcU

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1