I need a patch/sample to do this. Ideas?

Author
jm24
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2127
2010/01/01 10:15:59 (permalink)

I need a patch/sample to do this. Ideas?

For these instruments: Mandolin / Bouzouki / Hammer dulcimer

Using a Yamaha DX-11: I need a patch (and/or sample) that will play a single pluck when pressing a key, and then play the fast plucking when the key is pressed for after-touch.

I figger this can be accomplished with two samples. And/or a LFO triggering the same sample quickly.

I am using Sonar 8.5 Producer (including Dimension, Zeta,…). I also have Vsampler 3.5.

(I want to try such a patch on all samples. Including hand bells,...)

Guidance please.

J

=========================================

CAUTION: The code in this application may fade or bleed. Bits may rub off on light colored software and plug-ins. Wash before installing. Always update separately, holding breath, eyes closed.

post edited by jm24 - 2010/01/01 10:18:15

1 Reply Related Threads

dmbaer
    Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2585
    Re:I need a patch/sample to do this. Ideas? 2010/01/04 13:10:12 (permalink)
    Here's a general technique that would work with many synths (as long as they have a delay effect) and samples/sounds.  It might not work with the LE versions of Dim Pro and Rapture ... not sure about that but I believe programming is limited in the LE versions.

Assuming you have the "one-hit" version of the sound available, add a basic delay (nothing fancy like stereo cross delay, unless that makes things even more interesting).  Set the delay time as appropriate, synced to tempo or just absolute time.  Modulate the feedback of the delay with a MIDI controller.  At zero feedback, you just get the original sound.  At 100%, you should get unlimited repititions.  Aftertouch is probably not a good choice for the modulating controller though, and I'm not sure it would even work as one would expect aftertouch messages only after the note on, which might be too late.  But the mod wheel (MIDI CC 1) would be suitable.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1