Serial Number

Author
clayshears1
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2010/06/22 23:05:50 (permalink)

Serial Number

Again I post this with absolute disbelief... I purchased Music Creator 5 four days ago and have had no end of trouble and can not I repeat still can use this software! No serial number supplied upon purchase and when contacted they told me that they ran out of serial numbers (hmmm sounds very familiar).

I finally got my serial number and tried to enter it and got the serial invalid error!!!! I have searched the forums and tried the solutions but to no avail............ WTF guys? I'm in australia so time zone obviously do not coincide I sat up last night until it was 9am Boston time and emailed them and woke up this morning with the supposed serial number!

How the hell are you in business?

3 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:Serial Number 2010/06/23 00:24:39 (permalink)
    I hope someone who can help you will read your post; this is a user forum and the Cakewalk people look in here, uh, rarely.
    I've read of others who got the 'out of serial numbers' reply, but they eventually got everything sorted out.
    I can't say why you got an invalid serial number message unless you didn't enter it exactly as written. It happens, but I'm sure you tried it more than once.
    I would suggest you call their Sales department since they do help with these kinds of issues, but seeing how you're way over there, the toll charges might cost more than the program.
    Hang in there.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    clayshears1
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Serial Number 2010/06/23 01:40:55 (permalink)
    Hi Greg thanks for the reply :) I have tried numerous time and have now contacted Roland Australia and they are on the case :) So fingers, toes and whatever else crossed.
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Serial Number 2010/06/23 08:12:11 (permalink)
    When you log on to enter the serial number be sure to RUN the program under: RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.  I think you right click on the icon and a little window pops open that has that listed as an option. Select it and proceed.

Then enter the SN... MC should take it and life should be good.

Understand too that as Greg said, we're all users here..... not cake's bakers.  We have all gone through the process, some easier than others..... It took me 2 weeks before I got MC up and working... talk about frustration. 

If you plan to do serious recording, you'll want to look at a decent sound interface for the computer.

let us know if that works... run as admin....
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2010/06/23 08:13:40

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1