Rapture and Dim Pro - Reloading Samples/programs from a backed up drive

Author
space_cowboy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9813
2010/07/10 20:40:23 (permalink)

Rapture and Dim Pro - Reloading Samples/programs from a backed up drive

Hi
I recently upgraded to Win 7 Pro.  Before, I backed up everything to an external hard drive.  I have a few issues I cannot figure out.

I did the dim tweak of changing the registry entry for where the samples/programs are.  This is not one I had to reload as I had already put this data on my E drive.  But I have my multisamples folder in Regedit as E:\Dimension Stuff\ and I have problems loading samples. Any advice?

On Rapture, I seem to recall that under Vista the data was stored under Users/App Data or the likes.  My registry entry shows Contents Folder C:\program files (x86)\Cakewalk\Rapture.  I copied the entire contents of my Rapture directory (x the .dll) to this directory.  

I am not seeing any of my programs and I had purchased most of the add on sound packs.  

I would reinstall everything (i did reinstall Rapture and Dim Pro when i did the upgrade) but several of my purchases from the cakewalk store are no longer showing up as being downloadable.  

Any advice?

Thanks

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!

2 Replies Related Threads

techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    Re:Rapture and Dim Pro - Reloading Samples/programs from a backed up drive 2010/07/10 21:43:49 (permalink)
    A default install of Dimension Pro on 32bit Windows XP has this value for both the content registry key and the multisamples registry key:

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\

A default install of Rapture on 32bit Windows XP has this value for the content registry (the multisamples registry key by default does not exist but can be added to control Rapture's behavior in locating multisamples):

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Rapture

If you are installing the 32bit versions of the instruments on 64bit windows you should have something similar but the paths may reflect the (x86) in the pathname, and may even be different due to Vista/Win7 differences or if you selected non-default locations during installation.
    space_cowboy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9813
    Re:Rapture and Dim Pro - Reloading Samples/programs from a backed up drive 2010/07/11 13:35:04 (permalink)
    thanks

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1