M-Audio Delta 44 & Sonar 8 PE echo problem

Author
tweathers
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 22
2010/07/14 12:54:09 (permalink)

M-Audio Delta 44 & Sonar 8 PE echo problem

I recently bought a Delta 44 interface and hooked everything up and when I play back what I record it sounds like its skiping but listening closely it is just duplicating and playing a split second after the original recording. Has anyone ever heard of this? Would this be hardware related? I am running Windows 7 64bit with 64 bit versions and drivers installed on everything I have double and triple checked. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

11 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:M-Audio Delta 44 & Sonar 8 PE echo problem 2010/07/14 13:13:30 (permalink)
    do you have INPUT ECHO on the track that you are recording?

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    tweathers
    Re:M-Audio Delta 44 & Sonar 8 PE echo problem 2010/07/14 14:43:45 (permalink)
    No I do not and even if I open a track recorded with just a USB mic from before I got the Delta 44 it does the same. Its more of a reverb or almost a wahwah at real close intervals throught the entire track. I'm not sure how better to explain it other than
    ohhey
    • Total Posts : 11676
    Re:M-Audio Delta 44 & Sonar 8 PE echo problem 2010/07/14 15:08:34 (permalink)
    tweathers

No I do not and even if I open a track recorded with just a USB mic from before I got the Delta 44 it does the same. Its more of a reverb or almost a wahwah at real close intervals throught the entire track. I'm not sure how better to explain it other than

Ahhh... that's the problem you are using a USB mic. That thing counts as a "sound card" so you have two sound cards using their own internal sample rate clock. Can't do that.  You need to use one or the other but not both at the same time. It's going to be a real bummer. Get an analog mic and preamp and hook it to the Delta 44.  USB mics don't work for a DAW setup.
    tweathers
    Re:M-Audio Delta 44 & Sonar 8 PE echo problem 2010/07/14 15:19:55 (permalink)
    ohhey

tweathers

Ahhh... that's the problem you are using a USB mic. That thing counts as a "sound card" so you have two sound cards using their own internal sample rate clock. Can't do that.  You need to use one or the other but not both at the same time. It's going to be a real bummer. Get an analog mic and preamp and hook it to the Delta 44.  USB mics don't work for a DAW setup.

Well that brings up the next ??? I have not plugged in my USB mic since I got the interface. I just opened up something that was recorded with the mic before hand and it does the same.
    ohhey
    Re:M-Audio Delta 44 & Sonar 8 PE echo problem 2010/07/14 15:58:28 (permalink)
    tweathers

ohhey

tweathers

Well that brings up the next ??? I have not plugged in my USB mic since I got the interface. I just opened up something that was recorded with the mic before hand and it does the same.

Too late, the track is already recorded like that.  You will need to redo the track.
    Beagle
    Re:M-Audio Delta 44 & Sonar 8 PE echo problem 2010/07/14 16:47:02 (permalink)
    if you open the track in Windows Media player does it do the same thing?  if so, I agree with ohhey - you've already recorded the track that way, if not we'll need to look at other possibilities in sonar.

tweathers
    Re:M-Audio Delta 44 & Sonar 8 PE echo problem 2010/07/14 17:22:51 (permalink)
    Beagle

if you open the track in Windows Media player does it do the same thing?  if so, I agree with ohhey - you've already recorded the track that way, if not we'll need to look at other possibilities in sonar.

No it does not. I exported the audio and it plays just fine.

Beagle
    Re:M-Audio Delta 44 & Sonar 8 PE echo problem 2010/07/14 17:52:51 (permalink)
    what are your settings for the project?  bit rate, sample rate?  what driver mode are you using?  is your sample rate different in the m-audio panel than it is in your project?

tweathers
    Re:M-Audio Delta 44 & Sonar 8 PE echo problem 2010/07/14 18:24:45 (permalink)
    I just ran the wave profiler and it fixed it. Could it be because it still recognized the old mic as an interface even though it was not plugged in? Either way it is working now thank you for the help. If I may ask one more question without having to start another thread I am only getting audio I/O into left side ever since I hooked up the Delta 44 in Sonar or Media Player or internet or anything. Is this a setting I need to change or do I need to hook something up differently. If you couldn't already tell I am a noob not doing this to make a living just recording myself and friends so I do not know too much about this stuff. I know that the sample rate is 14800 Driver style is MME (32 bit)
    Beagle
    Re:M-Audio Delta 44 & Sonar 8 PE echo problem 2010/07/19 13:58:30 (permalink)
    sorry - I just now noticed your reply.

change your driver mode to ASIO or WDM (ASIO is probably better for the D44 - that's what I have)
    change your settings to 44100Hz both in the m-audio control panel and in sonar.

do that and if you still only have sound in one channel, let me know and we'll work on that next.

ohhey
    Re:M-Audio Delta 44 & Sonar 8 PE echo problem 2010/07/19 15:06:51 (permalink)
    tweathers

Beagle

No it does not. I exported the audio and it plays just fine.

If you exported the audio and it plays just fine then Sonar is not recording double. It's either that you have input echo on for one or more tracks or the audio is getting looped back inside the sound card via it's DSP mixer that is controlled by the software mixer that installs when you install your sound card driver. This is outside Sonar.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1