Control Surface Buttons not working but I/O OK

Author
thepcguy
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
2010/07/16 10:34:11 (permalink)

Control Surface Buttons not working but I/O OK

I've looked around but can't find anyone with a similar problem to mine which is...

Although input and output is possible (including COSM effects) my control surface is not working as a control surface. The buttons do light up when they should be doing so but pressing them does nothing.

I've uninstalled driver, GT and the Editor then reinstalled but that hasn't worked. I've tried different USB sockets (there is no hub and a pretty short USB cable (supplied with the VS-20)). I don't know what else to try. There is life in it - one can see the different lights working properly but pressing any of the buttons has no effect.

Anyone know what might be causing this. I installed it a few weeks ago and it was working fine up until a few days ago.

1 Reply Related Threads

Samara Krugman
    SONAR REAC
    • Total Posts : 164
    Re:Control Surface Buttons not working but I/O OK 2010/07/23 11:03:46 (permalink)
    thepcguy

I've looked around but can't find anyone with a similar problem to mine which is...

Although input and output is possible (including COSM effects) my control surface is not working as a control surface. The buttons do light up when they should be doing so but pressing them does nothing.

I've uninstalled driver, GT and the Editor then reinstalled but that hasn't worked. I've tried different USB sockets (there is no hub and a pretty short USB cable (supplied with the VS-20)). I don't know what else to try. There is life in it - one can see the different lights working properly but pressing any of the buttons has no effect.

Anyone know what might be causing this. I installed it a few weeks ago and it was working fine up until a few days ago.

Hi there,

First thing I would check is in Guitar Tracks, under the Options menu, select MIDI Devices and verify if the VS-20 Control is selected (the box should be checked).

We included some fancy logic that automatically sets up the VS-20 hardware as your audio interface and control surface provided everything was installed properly (driver first, then Guitar Tracks, then VS-20 Effects Editor). If you've uninstalled components and reinstalled them something may have gotten gaffed up along the way.

The other thing I would check is to open the VS-20 Effects Editor and make sure you're not getting any errors. There is a known issue where if you do not use the same USB port on your computer, the VS-20 hardware "forgets" itself. We have an extensive KB article on how to resolve this here:

http://www.cakewalk.com/support/kb/reader.aspx?ID=2007013098

If none of this helps, please give us a call. V-Studio customers have access to dedicated phone support.

Good luck,

Samara Krugman
    Product Manager
    Cakewalk
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1