no sound from keys in sound center

Author
wildbil
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2010/07/16 19:10:49 (permalink)

no sound from keys in sound center

I’m using Music Creator 5 ver 5.0.5.6 and Cakewalk Sound Center ver 1.1.  Boxed versions with updates.

When I start either program, I get message that 010-square mk.wav and 024- saw half.wav are idsmultisamples not found in not found in text resource file.

When trying to use Rick Bass, I get same message for 076 e bass04.wav.

Please note that Music Creator Demo.cwp loads and plays fine.  However, when adding a new blank track, I have been unable to get any sound from SoundCenter’s keys.  TTS sounds ok.

No response from emails to tech support. 

Thanks for your help.

5 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:no sound from keys in sound center 2010/07/16 20:08:23 (permalink)
    try removing sound center and doing a custom install of just sound center. It sounds like some of the wave samples might be corrupted or missing.

You said you get this message just from starting MC5 or when you try to start SC?..... or BOTH? 

Tech support should get back to you in a few days.... they are a bit slower with email support for the "smaller" packages.

Try the reinstall first.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    wildbil
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:no sound from keys in sound center 2010/07/19 15:24:47 (permalink)
    I gave up waiting for email response from tech support, so I phoned tech support 617 423 9021.  Nice folks.  While they don't offer phone support for MC5,  they brought about an immediate email from Steve Cox who sent me to http://www.cakewalk.com/s...x?ID=2007012921.  That procedure didn't work.  I tried it before, along with many re installs. 

In reviewing Amazon, it seems a many others are frustrated with MC5.  Regarding Cakewalk Software, they lost a customer. 

Thanks for trying.

Smooth Sailing,

bil
    Robomusic
    • Total Posts : 8943
    Re:no sound from keys in sound center 2010/07/19 15:50:02 (permalink)
    Sound center is a one track synth, meaning it only works with on track or one channel at a time You can send two or more tracks to it if they all outout on one channel. If you want to play more than one sound you need more instances of SC open.

To me it sounds like you have a corrupted install. I would uninstall MC and sound center delete the folders on the hard drive and reinstall it fresh. trhen make sure it works before the patches are added.

As far as others being frustrated, in general MC is rather stable, the biggest issue is pilot error.

MC is the entry level software, and only has e-mail support. But I have been using it for several years now thru versions 1, 2003, 3 and now 5 and i find it very simple. But it requires a little setup. If you choose to give up, I hope you find what you want, but I would persist and see if I could not get the help you need here on the forum. If you want some other suggestions go to my website in the link on my post called music town and read some of the reviews i have given there.
    post edited by Robomusic - 2010/07/19 15:52:59

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    57Gregy
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:no sound from keys in sound center 2010/07/19 20:01:25 (permalink)
    when adding a new blank track, I have been unable to get any sound from SoundCenter’s keys.

I don't have MC 5 or Sound Center, but I think if you start with a blank track and insert the SC soft synth, or any soft synth for that matter, you need to set each input and output manually.
    When using Instrument Tracks, I assume that those parameters are already set (I don't have Instrument Tracks either).
    Sorry to hear that you haven't found a solution.
    I haven't heard about those missing .wav files in this forum from any other user.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Videolink
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 126
    Re:no sound from keys in sound center 2010/07/19 21:45:30 (permalink)
    GET YOUR HAIR CUT YOU YOUNG WHIPPERSNAPPER

http://www.soundzshop.com/ 
    Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1