Finally, a new song: Go With the Flow

Author
danbob
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 143
2010/07/18 18:19:17 (permalink)

Finally, a new song: Go With the Flow

Hello Forumites,

Finally, the visitors have left, I've my studio back (it doubles as the second spare bedroom), and I've managed to finish one of the four or so songs that have been on the boil for the last few months.  Happy days.

It's called 'Go With the Flow'.  I'm having trouble getting it to sound good on systems other than that in my studio; hopefully it translates OK through whatever you're listening on:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9415406

later,
daniel

5 Replies Related Threads

No How
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5180
    Re:Finally, a new song: Go With the Flow 2010/07/19 09:51:44 (permalink)
    Cool song danbob,
    It might be cool if you added some analogue to the master buss to add some roundness to the sharp digital edges JMO...and a slight delay to vox??? not sure but just a little something to bring that nice voice out a bit more.

cool song.

s o n g s

– Beauty lodged in a bad hotel has no value.  Raymond Lull
    danbob
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 143
    Re:Finally, a new song: Go With the Flow 2010/07/21 18:26:58 (permalink)
    Thanks ... good tips.  I toyed with the idea of some delay on the vox which only came on every now and then, in particular at the end of the phrases.  Since you've also mentioned the same thing ... I'll probably give it a go.

later, daniel
    CTek
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 92
    Re:Finally, a new song: Go With the Flow 2010/07/22 16:23:11 (permalink)
    Nice vox.  On my cheap speakers the drums sounds a bit thin.  They are fine with medium quality headphones.

Would love to hear this with real bass and some David Gilmore style guitar - and acoustic drum samples.  But then it would start sounding very much like Pink Floyd and who wants to be a copy.  It has a nice Mobyesque sound now.

Maybe go further with the Moby angle and add some sampled chopped up vox?  A bit of weirdness spice here and there.

Add a 2-3 female backup singers?

Maybe double track the vocals on the chorus for some additional punch?  Just thoughts.

My Songs 

Sonar 7 | EZ Drums | Pod Farm| Dell Optiplex GX 270 with 1G | XP Home | Mackie 1202 mixer | Adam A7s | AKGC414 B-ULS | Shure SM-58
    CreatingNoise
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1666
    Re:Finally, a new song: Go With the Flow 2010/07/22 21:54:07 (permalink)
    I got the impression of the vocals and drums being in the same area with the rest of the tune being behind that.  Not a very technical comment but that is how it strikes me.  I think you've got a good one here but a little more cohesion between the background instruments and the vox/drums might be the bit of polish that really makes it sparkle.

Nice work.  CTek has some interesting thoughts that might be very cool.

Bob Oister
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2766
    Re:Finally, a new song: Go With the Flow 2010/07/23 04:11:16 (permalink)
    Hi, Daniel,

Great song, with excellent vocals and a very smooth textured, modern sound!  Nice clean, wide mix, too.  A little bit of background instrument leveling, as Tony mentioned above, will make the song really shine.

Very nice work!
    Bob
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1