Is the Dimension Pro 1.5 Update Not Cumulative?

Author
planetearth
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 763
2010/07/19 01:50:43 (permalink)

Is the Dimension Pro 1.5 Update Not Cumulative?

Does the DimPro 1.5 update not also include whatever was in the 1.2 update? I ask because the 1.2 update was more than 18 MB, while the 1.5 update is only about 7.7 MB.

Since the 1.5 update is VST-only, you'd have quite a bit of work in the event of a DimPro re-install, whether to a replacement drive, new computer or update to a new OS. It appears you'd have to install Dimension Pro from the original CD--making sure you don't also install the DXi version--then update to 1.2, then finally update again to 1.5. In itself, this isn't too bad, as long as you lose or have a problem with your original 1.2 update file; it's not too easy to find any more (raise your hand if you still have yours).

I'm about to update to 1.5, and after reading Jonbouy's helpful post on that process, I wondered what would happen if I had to re-install everything.

Thanks.
post edited by planetearth - 2010/07/19 01:51:46

SONAR Platinum ▪ NI Komplete, Korg DLC, Arturia V5 Collection, Dimension Pro, IK Multimedia & other synths ▪ Les Paul, Peavey and Yamaha guitars. Listen to some of my stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife . Comments from other SONAR users are always welcome!

2 Replies Related Threads

Jonbouy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 22562
    Re:Is the Dimension Pro 1.5 Update Not Cumulative? 2010/07/19 06:03:29 (permalink)
    No you have to have the other updates installed.

The reason I think the 1.2 updater is larger is because there seems like a fair amount of other stuff (patches etc) going on when it installs, and in any the 1.5 update is further lightened in that is only contains the one dll now rather than the 3 install types.

I agree that being the 1.2 update is required it should be made available along with the 1.5 update.

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
    Cakewalk Staff
    • Total Posts : 751
    Re:Is the Dimension Pro 1.5 Update Not Cumulative? 2010/07/20 12:41:12 (permalink)
    Hey Guys,

You can find the Dimension Pro 1.2 update on the first tab of the Dimension Pro support page here:
    http://www.cakewalk.com/support/instruments/page.aspx?ID=DM1

Simply select 'Dimension Pro' from the 'Support' drop menu on any of our sites.

Sorry for any confusion.

Willy Jones 
    Cakewalk
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1