OT (slightly) - Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit User Account Question

Author
DaveElson
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 350
2010/07/19 15:58:45 (permalink)

OT (slightly) - Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit User Account Question

I am searching around for an answer but wanted to ask here.

I have an AMD 64x2 dual core 2.3 ghz with 4 gigs of ram. This is my everyday machine and I know it would be better if Sonar 8.5 was installed in a machine on it's own, but music is my hobby and not my livelihood so I have to keep as is for now.
Over a period of time I have installed other programs that take up memory, and on working with the midi file for the Orchestral Shootout, my CPU goes over 50% (using Sampletank and Dim Pro mainly).
Can someone point me in the right direction re User Accounts? If I create an account for music only, can this be set up to include only those programs that install on bootup that I want?
I thought that would be the case but I'm having difficulty finding the answer.
Any advice appreciated.

1 Reply Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:OT (slightly) - Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit User Account Question 2010/07/20 23:36:25 (permalink)
    previous windows you could set up different boot profiles.. not done it in years and you could set it so it didn't load up certain things..

as for your problem with cpu usage, you upped your asio buffers ? latency goes up  ,but u notice cpu usage will go down.

ccleaner has a thing where you can turn off / on start up items also

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1