i get a signal but no sound from MC5

Author
edub55411
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16
2010/07/19 17:54:05 (permalink)

i get a signal but no sound from MC5

I am new to MC5 and I followed all instructions on the instalation process. But no  matter what i tried i could not get any sound from live play or record playback. Please help.

7 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:i get a signal but no sound from MC5 2010/07/19 20:06:29 (permalink)
    ok - first we need some more info.  what are your computer specs, including the soundcard you're using.  are you using your onboard soundcard?

also, what are you trying to play that won't?

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    57Gregy
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:i get a signal but no sound from MC5 2010/07/19 20:07:21 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forum.
    What sounds are you trying to hear? MIDI? Audio? Or both?
    Under 'Options>Audio' what are your record and playback devices? While in Options>Audio, what is your Driver Mode and which input and output drivers are selected?
    Under 'Options>MIDI Devices', what MIDI Device is selected?
    What operating system are you using? Is it a 64-bit OS? What sound card?
    If you're using a stock computer sound card, did you check the Windows mixer to see if the correct inputs are chosen for recording and playback and that nothing is muted and the volume sliders are up?
    post edited by 57Gregy - 2010/07/19 20:10:23

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    edub55411
    Re:i get a signal but no sound from MC5 2010/07/19 21:22:40 (permalink)
    Im trying to hear Audio and MIDI
    record and playback devices: SoundMAX Digital Audio
    Driver Mode: MME(32-Bit)
    no inputs detected
    output: Microsoft GS Wavetable
    Sound Card: SoundMAX Integrated Audio
    Running: Windows XP I believe it is a 64-Bit OS
    Windows Mixer playback/record all good set to mic/line in only
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:i get a signal but no sound from MC5 2010/07/19 21:26:50 (permalink)
    when you installed MC5 did you let the WAVE PROFILER run and do it's thing? It will find the inputs and output that are available to it. In most cases that means the factory card.

My suggestion is to get the playback working first. I recommend IMPORTING an MP# into a new project AUDIO track and hit playback after you see the wave form appear in the track.

Once it is playing.... then try recording something.... then and only then try a midi project.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    57Gregy
    Re:i get a signal but no sound from MC5 2010/07/19 21:55:45 (permalink)
    Running: Windows XP I believe it is a 64-Bit OS

Okay, thanks.
    If it is a 64-bit OS, MC 5 isn't compatible unless you run it in 32-bit emulation mode.
    From the Cakewalk FAQ:

"What Cakewalk programs can I install under a 64 bit Operating System?
    Any application that is specifically supported under Vista or Windows 7, has also been approved to function under Vista x64 or Windows 7 x64 (in 32-bit emulation mode). This means that if an application such as: Guitar Track Pro 4, Music Creator 5, or SONAR Home Studio 7 does not list 64-bit OS support on the packaging or system requirements, this is only referring to native 64-bit support. Unlike SONAR, the aforementioned programs contain only 32-bit versions of the program, whereas SONAR contains separate 32-bit and 64-bit applications on the disc.
    If you are running a 32 bit program under an x64 Operating System you should expect it to work just as well as running under a 32-bit OS; however, you will not see the same benifits as a SONAR x64 user, such as increased RAM utilization. 32-bit applications are still limited to accessing 2-3GB of RAM even in a 64-bit environment."

I believe you right-click on the executable file, select Properties, then the Compatibility tab and set it to run in compatibility for XP SP 3 32-bit, or something like that. Also set to run as administrator. Do that for the clickable icon on your desktop, too, if you have one there.
    Then run the Wave Profiler, too, as Guitarhacker wrote. Shoot, maybe all you have to do is run the Wave Profiler.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.

edub55411
    Re:i get a signal but no sound from MC5 2010/07/19 22:33:55 (permalink)
    ok, when i go to options>audio and select MME(32-Bit) my record/palyback devices go to my factory sound card (SoundMAX Digital Audio) and I can get playback. When I go to options>audio and select ASIO my playback/record devices go to my USB Interface (BEHRINGER USB AUDIO OUT/IN 0). This is where i can record but hear no sound, and also my recordings are very muffled sounding.
    57Gregy
    Re:i get a signal but no sound from MC5 2010/07/19 22:56:49 (permalink)
    USB Interface (BEHRINGER USB AUDIO OUT/IN 0).

Okay. That's an important bit of information that was missing from previous posts. That should be the only device you use for recording and playback. Deselect the SoundMax and it's drivers from everywhere in Options>Audio.
    Go to the Behringer web site and download any necessary driver updates, if you haven't already done so. If they have updated ASIO drivers, get them.
    Install them and re-open MC. Change the driver mode to ASIO, you may have to close and re-open MC.
    Connect your speakers and/or headphones to the Behringer. Change all track outputs in MC to the Behringer. Then see if you can hear anything.

Greg 

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1