Turning loop on/off for Matrix View cells?

Author
tecknot
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 766
2010/07/20 19:56:35 (permalink)

Turning loop on/off for Matrix View cells?

I am wondering if, while a cell/clip in the Matrix View is playing back, can you effectively turn looping on or off and it take effect immediately or do you have to turn it on (or off) before you start cell/clip playback?  Let me give you an example:

I have several rows and columns populated with effects and sound bites.  In a live performance, I want to playback a clip but sometimes during playback I decide to repeat or loop the clip several times after I have started cell playback.  When I turn on loop for that specific cell (not the global loop button), the loop does not happen.  However, now that the loop button is active, the cell will loop after I start it again.  So, it seems that the loop button does not work in real time (or on the fly).  Is it broken, is this a bug or am I out of luck and have to resort to a feature request?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

tecknot

1 Reply Related Threads

ba_midi
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14061
    Re:Turning loop on/off for Matrix View cells? 2010/07/20 20:28:13 (permalink)
    tecknot

I am wondering if, while a cell/clip in the Matrix View is playing back, can you effectively turn looping on or off and it take effect immediately or do you have to turn it on (or off) before you start cell/clip playback?  Let me give you an example:

I have several rows and columns populated with effects and sound bites.  In a live performance, I want to playback a clip but sometimes during playback I decide to repeat or loop the clip several times after I have started cell playback.  When I turn on loop for that specific cell (not the global loop button), the loop does not happen.  However, now that the loop button is active, the cell will loop after I start it again.  So, it seems that the loop button does not work in real time (or on the fly).  Is it broken, is this a bug or am I out of luck and have to resort to a feature request?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

tecknot
    I'm not in front of my DAW, but if I'm not mistaken, each cell can have its own setting (right click??).  If not, then each column definitely does (which won't help int his case).

There are various settings and "alternative" settings that allow you to define how cells will respond.  Make sure you have the Matrix view wide enough to see all the widgets at the top that give access to these settings.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
    Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
    Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1