Newbie question - No sound in Sonar 8

Author
btech
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2010/07/21 00:14:40 (permalink)

Newbie question - No sound in Sonar 8

Well as it states in the title, I am sure this is an easy question - I just can't seem to figure it out.

I just got Sonar 8 and a Delta 1010LT card from M-Audio.  I have the soundcard working fine in windows through 5/6 output and it seems fine.  When I go to Sonar 8 though I get no sound whatsoever. 

I'm sure this might be a setting - but someone mentioned in a google search that I did that you need to route the card through a midi synthesizer?  I don't have that, or do i...again I'm a big newbie but willing to learn.

Thanks!

4 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Newbie question - No sound in Sonar 8 2010/07/21 00:33:57 (permalink)
    Probably better to ask this in the new newbie forum.

But here are some things to think about:

what kind of sound.  If you use the explorer you can drag audio loops into the timeline.  That is the surest way to see if you have sound.  If you are using midi, well, that is merely controller info.  To hear it you have to have a synth.  Think of it as a word processor - you have to print out the words.  That is much too involved to get into right now.

The good news is the Delta is making contact w/ the computer since you have those internal sounds.  Now to figure out if SONAR is making contact w/ Delta.  Just drag some audio into the timeline to see.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    fireberd
    Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3704
    Re:Newbie question - No sound in Sonar 8 2010/07/21 07:35:31 (permalink)
    Do you have the Delta set as the default sound device in Sonar?  In Sonar Click on Options and then Audio.  The Delta need setup in the Audio sections to be able to be used.

"GCSG Productions"
    Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
    ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
    Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
    Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
    ISRC Registered
    Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.
    Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:Newbie question - No sound in Sonar 8 2010/07/21 08:11:23 (permalink)
    after installing the 1010LT, even tho windows sees it and is using it, you still have to either run the wave profiler in Sonar or change to ASIO driver mode.  OPTIONS>AUDIO driver mode = ASIO click APPLY

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    CJaysMusic
    • Total Posts : 30423
    Re:Newbie question - No sound in Sonar 8 2010/07/21 23:48:42 (permalink)
    It could be so many things. you can start by answering if your tracks are directed to your master bus and is your master bus outputed to your main outs and is your main outs listed as your 1010?

If you have it set up like that  then we entertain the scenario that you have a sound card set up/config error. if thats the case then follow this, per the cakewalk help files..

Click Options | Audio | Advanced.  Set your Driver Mode to ASIO.  If you do not see Driver Mode, make sure the box next to “Always use mme interface” is NOT checked.  Click OK and restart the program. 
    Next, Click Options | Audio:
    On the Drivers tab:
    Make sure your M-Audio card is selected under both inputs and outputs.  If it appears grayed out, deselect all drivers, in both inputs and outputs, then select your M-Audio card.  If changes are made, click OK and restart the program. 

NOTE: M-Audio also provides very reliable WDM drivers. If you experience problems in ASIO Driver Mode, you may want to consider using WDM as an alternative.
    On the general tab:
    Make sure one of your M-Audio card drivers is selected as Playback Timing master.  Click OK.  Restart the program if prompted. 

Finally, all audio playback will occur from the M-Audio device itself.  Make sure you have your speakers or headphones connected to its outputs. 

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1