Help picking out a PC Tower

Author
Drc001
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2010/07/21 16:43:04 (permalink)

Help picking out a PC Tower

Im about to build my first pc and ive got all the internal components picked out but the only thing I'm wondering about is what type of tower i should get.do more fans make more noise?should i use a watercooling system kinda thing?I know nothing about towers and how to keep them cool so if anyone can point me in the right direction of a model or brand that would be much appreciated!

3 Replies Related Threads

ur86d
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 72
    Re:Help picking out a PC Tower 2010/07/23 17:42:46 (permalink)
    Antec makes good cases..and you can get them with power supplies already which might save you a little cash...it depends on your build specs though, if thats an option for you... you also have to take the motherboards form factor into account in deciding which case to use. for instance if you have a full size atx mother board..it probably will not fit in a smaller tower designed with a mini or micro atx motherboard in mind.

More cooling fans will make more noise..but a good case will help dampen the sound to some degree...liquid cooling while quiet can be expensive.
    jasonthurley
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 264
    Re:Help picking out a PC Tower 2010/07/23 17:48:48 (permalink)
    Tower or rack mount is also an option to consider... especially if you want it to be portable... or not
    fireberd
    Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3704
    Re:Help picking out a PC Tower 2010/07/23 18:02:34 (permalink)
    I have an "Antec ninehundred" case. It has two fans in the front, one on the top and one in the rear.  But it's very quiet and doesn't cause any problems when I'm recording.   http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Nine-Hundred-Steel-Ultimate/dp/B000I5JHB0

I also have a fan for the power supply, a fan for the CPU and a fan on the video card but they too are not intrusive.

I had a different case but was having some air flow (heating) problems and the Antec ninehundred which is considered a "gamers case" fixed  that.

"GCSG Productions"
    Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
    ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
    Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
    Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
    ISRC Registered
    Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1