SOLVED!!!!! M-AUDIO PROFIRE 610, dirrect monitoring? Low input?

Author
daeser1
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 218
2010/07/21 18:34:54 (permalink)

SOLVED!!!!! M-AUDIO PROFIRE 610, dirrect monitoring? Low input?

I've run into a few different problems with my new Profire 610.

1) There is no direct monitoring switch on the device. The program that i use to record (Sonar 8 Pro) does not have a direct monitoring option on it. I use to be able to monitor my mic input on my last interface (Edirol UA-25EX), but that's because it actually had a switch and a nob that were both labeled "Direct Monitoring." How do people who use these with Sonar hear themselves as they record?

2) My input seems to be very low. I have to turn the mic gain way up, which gives the clip a very grainy (almost vinyl) sound. I also have tried using the Tube MP pre-amp, but it still seems to raise the grainy sound along with the actually input. I'm just trying to record crisp vocals without any fuzz in the background.

3) How do i set this up so I am able to hear playback via headphone #2?

My specs:

DAW:

· Intel i7 930 · X58a motherboard
· SATA-III, TI Firewire, USB 3.0
· 6 GB DDR3 1600MHz
· 750GB & 1TB Hard Drives (32MB cache)

· Windows 7 x64 (64Bit) quad core

Interface:

· M-AUDIO ProFire 610
· 24bit/192KHz

Program:

· Sonar 8 Pro.

post edited by daeser1 - 2010/07/21 20:32:40

1 Reply Related Threads

daeser1
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 218
    Re:M-AUDIO PROFIRE 610, dirrect monitoring? Low input? 2010/07/21 20:31:57 (permalink)
    Ok, I've solved all issues. Here's how it's done.

Answer to the first question:

The Profire 610 monitoring is on the software mixer that you get with Profire. Remember it is software that runs parallel. In other words anything you do on the software mixer for hearing or volume only affects what you hear but does not affect Sonar one iota.

On the Profire software you have analog in (1 2 3 4) and s/pdif in (5 6).
    You have faders to increase the volume - as I said it's only what you hear and does not affect Sonar.

Direct monitoring is on when the M (mute) is not lit. It's off when the 'M' is lit. That's your on/off.

So, for the record the Direct monitoring was solved. I used the digital mixer (for the profire interface) and raised the slider on Analog Out 1/2. This gave me direct monitoring of my recordings via my Headphone #1 output.

Answer to the second question:

To messed around with my interface (Profire 610) and my pre-amp (Tube MP) and basically calibrated them so that the pre-amp would light up to the yellow 0db light. To do this i needed to utuilize the Gain +20db switch along with rasing the regular Gain nob up to 18db. I set the output at 0db (so it doesn't actually raise the output from the Pre-amp). Then I set my interface's super sensitive mic gain up to %25. And that basically what i got. I messed around for a while trying to get the fullest sound possible (with the greatest dbs--avoiding peaking) without picking up any of the grainy background sound. This is what i came to.
    If anyone who was in a similar situation has any techniques with these hardware products please let me know. Thanx

Answer to last question:

Follow steps on the first answer except raise the first slider on the Analog Out 3/4. This is done on the interfaces digital mixer.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1