My new song. It is called FLanger Candy

Author
Song Writer
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 67
2010/07/22 18:46:44 (permalink)

My new song. It is called FLanger Candy

UPDATE EDIT,  I added a newer version of this song without the flanger re-recorder called 'Candy (No Flanger)'. It can be heard at the same link below.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My new song is called 'Flanger Candy', if you hear it you'll probably understand.

But I will forewarn you that it has a heavy use of flanger guitar sound and if you do not like that effect on an already distorted guitar sound the you probably will not like it.

On the other hand, if you wanna hear some music that might be a little different for a change, check it out.

The new song is called "Flanger Candy", you'll understand if you hear it.

Here is the link - Songwriters Music

The page takes a few seconds to load, sorry, please be patient.

I have ceased posting my music at sound click because I have experienced several problems trying to listen to my music there, whether it is an embedded listen or not.

My apologies for not retro-replying to others music here lately, I have been going nuts trying to figure out my compression problem, or so I suspected. I think I have it solved with this recording, although I know it is hard to tell with all the flanger effect. The help of a few cakewalk users here have helped tremendously. I can't thank everyone enough.

I posted this link in another thread, but it was at the end of a thread for another song.

Songwriter

post edited by Song Writer - 2010/07/29 23:41:54

21 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/22 21:17:58 (permalink)
    It sounds like KISS heavily flanged.  I would have liked it better without the flanging.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Song Writer
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/22 21:31:15 (permalink)
    Guitarhacker

It sounds like KISS heavily flanged.  I would have liked it better without the flanging.

Strange that you said that, I have been watching the tv show called - "Gene Simmons Family Jewels" on A&E a lot lately. Hahaha, I can spit blood but the fire thing I am going to have to put on hold, I enjoy living too much. :-)

The flanging was what sparked the ideal for the song, well, that and a few drum beats.

Thank you for listening,

Oh and commenting,

Songwriter

post edited by Song Writer - 2010/07/23 13:08:15

CreatingNoise
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1666
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/22 22:45:35 (permalink)
    Definitely a flange fest but very cool too.  So what kind of flanger did you use?  Plug in, multi effects unit or stomp box?  Inquiring minds wanna know.  Nice job!
    Faust1587
    • Total Posts : 64
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/23 01:05:14 (permalink)
    I like flanger a lot, just got myself an mxr and I think your tune works with it.  It reminds me of some EVH flanger.  The only thing I can really suggest is maybe break it up alittle bit. After awhile you get used to the sound of the flanger and its like I would like to hear it without the same "speed-depth-regeneration" settings.  But I think this tune rocks, it sounds menacing
    princecheck13
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/23 09:00:38 (permalink)
    It allows you to turn up enough to get the tubes cooking but not so loud that you are blowing the place out. If you are covering a loud drummer or your amp has to fill the room It is not the right tool for the job. However, If you want great tube amp tone at volumes that the sound guy can handle in the foh.
    No How
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5180
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/23 09:13:34 (permalink)
    It's probably a cool song but i can only hear the ascending and descending of the flanger.  It sounds like it may be a cool effect but too loud in the mix.
    Maybe if you eq the flang down a bit the composition might be more present.  (I guess i'm not the flange guy i thought i was ) Guitar playing does sound very nice underneath the flang.
    I hope this helps and not hinders as it does sound like a cool piece.
    post edited by No How - 2010/07/23 09:34:16

s o n g s

– Beauty lodged in a bad hotel has no value.  Raymond Lull
    Tap
    Max Output Level: -30 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4536
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/23 10:01:40 (permalink)
    Yeah... The Flanger is cool, but it also reminds me of the drill at the dentist that they use to put fluoride on your teeth???? I guess the song is appropriately named.

MC4 - M-Audio FW410 / Behringer UCA202 - Fender Strat / Jazzmaster / DuoSonic / Washburn / Peavy Foundation M-Audio Radium 49 Roland Juno 106 / JazzChorus / Seymore Duncan Convertible - HP A1230N ( AMD Athalon 3800+ 2G Ram + 200G HD )

http://soundclick.com/cut2thechaise

drumstixkev
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2709
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/23 11:51:56 (permalink)
    I agree with Herb I get a bit of a KISS vibe.  Great effect and tune!  I enjoyed all your other tunes also. Some mighty fine guitar work.  KUDOS!

Kev

VoxBoxStudio music made with SONAR & SONiCA AUDIO LAB computers.   Website http://drumstixkev.wix.com/voxboxstudio 

Song Writer
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/23 15:27:10 (permalink)
    CreatingNoise

Definitely a flange fest but very cool too.  So what kind of flanger did you use?  Plug in, multi effects unit or stomp box?  Inquiring minds wanna know.  Nice job!

Thank you, it is a boss Gt6 on the guitar and boss GT6b on the bass.

Thank you for listening and commenting.

Songwriter

Song Writer
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/23 15:29:58 (permalink)
    drumstixkev

I agree with Herb I get a bit of a KISS vibe.  Great effect and tune!  I enjoyed all your other tunes also. Some mighty fine guitar work.  KUDOS!

Kev

That is two votes for KISS, does this mean I need to add a Gene Simmons type of singing voice to this? It might be fun to try, not sure. I don't care if anybody laughs at it, a lot of my music is meant for others to laugh at. Sometimes they laugh even when I am being serious. :-)

Songwriter

Song Writer
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/23 15:35:40 (permalink)
    Thank you to everyone who has listened, and to everyone who has commented. If I did not quote your comment it does not mean that I do not appreciate it, I just don't want to repeat the same sentence over and over wasting everyones time giving the same answer.

I did another version of this today re-recorded, it has no flanger in it. I didn't double the lead guitar, but maybe it sounds better that way, not sure. The volume levels are hard for me to get right just listening because I have a summer cold and it is effecting my hearing. So I had to trust in the meters to get it as close as I can. The bass sounds loud no matter how much I lower it.

The new version can be found at the same link above, this is the link Link for 'Flanger Candy' , and 'Candy (No Flanger)'

The new version is called 'Candy (No Flanger).

Thanks,

Songwriter

Janet
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/23 15:47:20 (permalink)
    Sounds really cool to me and the playing is excellent. Did you say this version has no flanger?  Something is still ascending and descending a lot and sometimes overpowers the mix.  But I still like it overall. :-) 
    Song Writer
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/23 22:33:03 (permalink)
    Janet

Sounds really cool to me and the playing is excellent. Did you say this version has no flanger?  Something is still ascending and descending a lot and sometimes overpowers the mix.  But I still like it overall. :-) 

Thank you for listening. There are two versions, one is named 'Candy (No Flanger)' which is the one that is to the top left, beside it is the original called 'Flanger Candy'.

I am not sure which one you listened to, I know even with my hearing situation at the moment as it is that I didn't have everything in balance with either version. I will have to check this out when I get over this cold and can hear a little better.

Thanks,

Songwriter

Janet
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/23 22:35:12 (permalink)
    OIC.  OK, I listened to the original.  Listening to 'no flanger' now.  Sounds good. :-)
    Song Writer
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/24 23:41:20 (permalink)
    Janet

OIC.  OK, I listened to the original.  Listening to 'no flanger' now.  Sounds good. :-)

Thank you, It's not an ear ring problem, it's a hearing problem! Just for the record, I do not wear those, I think they are meant for girls. Just my opinion, Oh NO! I am going to get flamed for that comment! I am only joshing with everyone with that comment.

I am going to be posting some vocals added to this stuff if I can get over this cold soon, I hope everyone checks out the link later.

Thanks again everyone, I appreciate you taking the time,

Songwriter

geeare1
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1906
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/25 08:59:59 (permalink)
    Cool song and guitar playing.

I listened to both versions and have to admit I
    prefered the version without the flange because the
    main riff gets kinda lost behind the effect in the original.

Cool song either way, though!

-gr

'There's two kinds of music: good and bad. I like both.' - Duke Ellington

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=943338&content=music
    Tap
    Max Output Level: -30 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4536
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/25 11:40:19 (permalink)
    The version without the Flanger is much more enjoyable to listen to. I think you could add the flanger in specific places to beef it up a tad, but make it really subtle. Great version!!!!

MC4 - M-Audio FW410 / Behringer UCA202 - Fender Strat / Jazzmaster / DuoSonic / Washburn / Peavy Foundation M-Audio Radium 49 Roland Juno 106 / JazzChorus / Seymore Duncan Convertible - HP A1230N ( AMD Athalon 3800+ 2G Ram + 200G HD )

http://soundclick.com/cut2thechaise

radio
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2782
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/25 19:35:02 (permalink)
    Man your out for a week or so and the next thing they do is make you log in again .
    Anyway here I am commenting on your song , cool I like the song & groove Bobby !

For a few weeks now I have been messing around with all of my new gear and haven't really started a new song untill today , something you might like Bobby .
    I'll stay in touch maybe you might enjoy adding some lead to it in a few weeks , right now I just started it so its going to be a week or so before its ready for something special .

Keep on Rockin Bobby !

bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/26 15:13:24 (permalink)
    The bass guitar and kick are conflicting on both versions. JMO.
    Song Writer
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/26 20:46:44 (permalink)
    bapu

The bass guitar and kick are conflicting on both versions. JMO.

Wanna add some bass to this one? It's finished except for the vocals. Show me how it's done, and btw, I like the way you worded things, nothing but class as a response. VERY COOL!

Songwriter

Song Writer
    Re:My new song. It is called FLanger Candy 2010/07/26 20:52:02 (permalink)
    Thanks to everyone who has replied to the latest version, and why do I keep getting called anything but - "Songwriter"?

I truly appreciate everyone's comments and cannot thank you enough. I am in the stage of adding vocals to this song. I was thinking of going with a wicked vocals sound. Perhaps a deep type of evil sound?

I still have to fix some problems with the song, the volume levels and the mix as everyone has pointed out. I can normalize the volume levels to bring them all to their maximum state of volume and mix it down that way, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm not sure how that will work out but I am going to give it a go.

Thank you all again so much for replying.

Songwriter

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1