New computer - can't record in old project

Author
djayers1
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 172
2010/07/23 16:41:57 (permalink)

New computer - can't record in old project

Having installed 8.5 and moved my files to the new recorder, I am trying to record a clip in an existing project - just as I have several times already in my old one, but it won't record.

I arm the trac, but nothing will record.  Also, I press the echo button, but I hear no change in the head set.  I can hear myself talk into the mic, but hear no echo (I also inserted echo into the trac, if that matters), and nothing registers on the sound level meter.  When I try to record, I can see a red line in the trac, but when I'm done, there are no wave forms or sound.

My computer is a quad w/8gig mem.

David Ayers X3e, 64, Quad core. 8 gig mem., Lexicon Omega

5 Replies Related Threads

jasonthurley
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 264
    Re:New computer - can't record in old project 2010/07/23 16:48:15 (permalink)
    Input/Output card?

djayers1
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 172
    Re:New computer - can't record in old project 2010/07/23 17:18:20 (permalink)
    I'm using a Lexicon Omega
    jasonthurley
    Re:New computer - can't record in old project 2010/07/23 17:23:34 (permalink)
    So you have it plugged in... USB I believe for that one... and you turn on your computer... open Sonar.. open existing project...

When you go to choose the input on the track what does it show? Is your Omega showing up under the input tab?

If so you select input whatever. lets say Mic input 1 and then "arm" the track... do you see anything on the track meter after gaining up your microphone?
    jasonthurley
    Re:New computer - can't record in old project 2010/07/23 17:55:47 (permalink)
    Well I am not going to be online much longer so I will say this... 

If it doesn't show up in Sonar but it does work playing Windows Media Player or other programs then:

There is sometime a problem in Sonar in which it will disable a device if it conflicts with another device.... you can fix this by going into the Options(Global or Project.. can't remember) menu and you will have to find it( I am not in front of Sonar to get that specific) but it says devices.... if the Omega is not highlighted(its more like a grey/black highlighting) then click on both input and output... they should both highlight in that dark color.

It will say this will change when you reopen Sonar... so close out and reopen Sonar and the device will be active......

It sounds like it doesn't see your device and is recording using your built in PC sound Card so give that a whirl... I'm out so good luck with it.

CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    Re:New computer - can't record in old project 2010/07/23 18:00:46 (permalink)
    Its not int he global menu, its in options > audio > advanced menu. If your talking about the share drivers with other programs. Is your onboard card interfering with it, because your in asio driver mode??

Lets me ask you this.. Did you ever define the lexicon in sonar? Did sonar perform a wave profile? If not, change the driver mode to wdm and perform one.
    Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1