Controlling Orchestral Dynamics - What's your preference?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
guitartrek
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2842
Re:Controlling Orchestral Dynamics - What's your preference? 2010/07/27 13:54:21 (permalink)
Randy - The other thing I have a problem when using handles, is when I have multiple tracks open in the PRV, and one track is selected, you can see the controller events from the other tracks.  If I'm drawing new events on the selected track, sometimes the mouse hits a handle from one of the other tracks, and all of a sudden I've switched to a different track.  This is annoying.  I have to purposely start drawing in an area of the screen that doesn't have handles. (how unmusical is that?)  Maybe with "handles off" this won't happen...

One thing I do like about handles, is if I want to raise the overall volume of a bunch of tracks, it lets me lasso all controller events in a single lane,  and then I can drag one handle up or down, and all the tracks events change at the same time.  This has proven to be pretty effective.
rbowser
Max Output Level: -10 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6518
Re:Controlling Orchestral Dynamics - What's your preference? 2010/07/27 16:14:10 (permalink)
Hello again, Guitartrek - Yes, with multiple open at the same time in PRV, you can easily switch to editing a different track by accident.  I do all my controller data editing with only one track open at a time to avoid that.  I view multiple tracks once in awhile to see how notes are lining up.  You can accidentally grab the wrong track with just notes too, but it's pretty to stick with one track by clicking a note to get back to the right if you go wrong.

Randy B.

Sonar X3e Studio
Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1