audio snap help

Author
ryantonic
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 32
2010/07/24 21:52:35 (permalink)

audio snap help

i have figured out how to align all the instruments and vocals in a project to the same tempo with audio snap. But when i try to change just a vocals tempo the drum beat always changes with vocals tempo. is there a way to just change the vocals temo without changing the drum tempo?

5 Replies Related Threads

rbowser
    Max Output Level: -10 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6518
    Re:audio snap help 2010/07/25 00:17:32 (permalink)
    Ryantonic - "...is there a way to just change the vocals temo without changing the drum tempo?..."

Now that's a pretty avant garde concept - vocals at one tempo, accompaniment at another.--

Perhaps what you mean is you want to change the phrasing of the vocal line, like when words begin?  You want to keep the drum steady, but change how the vocal is done - right?

If so, with just the vocal track selected you should be able to drag--stretch or contract individual words or syllables to have them line up differently, or just move the entire word without changing its length.  That kind of editing doesn't effect the other tracks. 

Randy B.

Sonar X3e Studio
    Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
    Alesis i|O2 interface
    Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
    8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    with dual monitors
    ryantonic
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 32
    Re:audio snap help 2010/07/27 16:53:04 (permalink)
    i dont know, its just when i have everything at he same tempo its seems like it would help if i can slow down the acapella im using to help it blend in.  I think your right about keeping the drum the same, but i still have a lot to learn about adding acapellas or vocals, expecially when they are long. im still trying to figure audio snap out and its currently giving me problems, (for some reason its not letting me alighn all the instruments, it was working before) i just need to spend more time with audio snap. thanks
    jasonthurley
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 264
    Re:audio snap help 2010/07/27 17:04:21 (permalink)
    No offense to Sonar but this is why I have multiple programs... for things like this I would just use Sony's Sonic Foundry Acid.... It is a loop based DAW and is catered towards doing that type of work.

Sonar is not as user friendly in that aspect.

Personal opinion... and yes I do love using Sonar but not for everything
    djjhart@aol.com
    Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2189
    Re:audio snap help 2010/07/27 17:34:04 (permalink)
    The way I would do it would be the chop the vocals up into smaller clips, and at that point there's many ways, clip stretch, put the cursor at the end of the clip till you see it turn yellow and then drag to fit into the bars. or if can be groove clip it ,sometimes that works.  and then theres knowing the correct key and move it accordingly .. Me . I always chop the vocal up, its alot of work but it works.. Using AS for this I would love to see.I tried it works for certain things but I have not had luck with vocals and AS. Hope the gurus at cake show us a video in there new video section on how to do just that Enough with the off bassline and drum kit videos, ..Maybe Sonar 9 will bring us a flex tool =) .. In Logic the Flex tool you can do exactly that.. 

Computer - Intel Q9550, Intel BX48bt2 MB, W8 64 bit. 8 gb Ram, SSD  
    Hardware - Tascam Fw1884 Control surface only, Ni S49 Komplete Kontroll,Roland Quad Capture, Ni Machine,Kore, Focusrite A/D converter, Blue Mic, Roland Gaia, Akai Mpk49, Yamaha HS80 Monitors.
    Software - Sonar Platinum , Vengeance VPS bundle,Sugar Bytes Effectrix, Turnado, NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Dune, Rob Papen  Blade , Delay, Punch Evolved.
     http://soundcloud.com/johnhartson/tracks  
     http://www.youtube.com/user/jhart1313 

jasonthurley
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 264
    Re:audio snap help 2010/07/27 17:36:47 (permalink)
    .Maybe Sonar 9 will bring us a flex tool =)

Just get Pro Tools then... it's had a flex tool since conception. Too many followers and not enough leaders
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1