Sonar Izotope Ozone Latency Problem

Author
krang666
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2010/07/27 21:37:15 (permalink)

Sonar Izotope Ozone Latency Problem

I'm using my sonar producer edition 4 and studio 6 on my pc. I like to use Izotope Ozone on my individual audio tracks as a mastering tool. When I do this the tracks play slower for some reason. I have the metronome and EZdrummer going and when Izotope is bypassed the tracks are right on the beat, but when Izotope is on they are slightly behind the beat. This is very annoying. I tried using the "delay compensation" option in Izotope, which is supposed to help this problem, but no dice. When I turn the delay compensation off it's even worse, the tracks play way behind the beat.

Anywho I also use Izotope ozone in cubase 4 and I don't have this problem. It just occurs in both my versions of sonar. Any ideas?

2 Replies Related Threads

bitflipper
    01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
    • Total Posts : 26036
    Re:Sonar Izotope Ozone Latency Problem 2010/07/27 23:16:24 (permalink)
    Hmm, I haven't experienced this problem although I do also use Ozone on tracks occasionally.

(People are going to tell you that Ozone is a mastering tool and not intended for tracks. They're right, of course, but it still should not introduce latency that SONAR's PDC can't handle.)

You might try reducing the size of Ozone's lookahead buffers. There are, IIRC, separate buffer settings for the EQ and multiband sections.

You haven't disabled PDC by any chance, have you?
    [EDIT: never mind, I think the ability to bypass PDC was introduced at version 8]
    post edited by bitflipper - 2010/07/27 23:17:29

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
    CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    Re:Sonar Izotope Ozone Latency Problem 2010/07/28 11:56:54 (permalink)

I like to use Izotope Ozone on my individual audio tracks as a mastering tool. When I do this the tracks play slower for some reason
    You mean mixing tool.

Mastering involves very sophisticated audio processing techniques, It enhances and prepares your final mix for CD replication and/or Duplication.  Mastering is a form of audio post production. It's the process of transferring and preparing your audio form a source that contains your final mix to a data storage device and that's the master. The master is the source of all copies that will be replicate, duplicated or pressed. In short, it's a process that prepares and organizes your music/audio for mass distribution. It enhances the quality of your songs to make it acceptable for airplay and CD replication and CD distribution
      Mastering takes that final mix and polishes and enhances the natural sound qualities of that mix. It takes your mix to the next level and will increase the quality of your audio files

The mastering process involves these things:
      the source material at its original sample rate and bit depth is processed using noise reduction, equalization, compression, limiting, leveling, Stereo Enhancement, fading in and out, pre-gapping and other audio enhancements and audio restoration processes can be applied, if needed, as part of our audio mastering process.
      Steps of the process can typically include, but not limited to:
      •  The transferring the audio into a digital work station.
      •  Arrange the sequence of the songs or tracks and the spaces in between them. Just like a CD or album.
      •  The processing of audio to enhance and maximize the sound quality.
      •  The transferring of audio to Red Book specifications in the final master format   
      The difference between mixing and mastering:
      Many people get these 2 terms confused and use them interchangeably. Mastering engineers work with a single stereo wave file that is kept at its original sample rate and bit depth. Often the bit depth will be converted to 32bit floating point. We do that during our mastering procedure. You keep it at its original bit rate.
      Mixing gets your sound by adding effects like reverb, equalization, delays, compressors, and other effects and you mix the tracks until your levels and sound is the way you want it.

There is 2 kinds of mixing - Track mixing and Stem Mixing

1. Track Mixing uses the single tracks of different instruments and we process and combine those tracks to create your final mix
      2. Stem Mixing is a form of mixing audio that are in groups of audio tracks, that are mixed down. They are processed separately before combining them into the final mix.
      Mastering takes that final mix and polishes and enhances the natural sound qualities of that mix. It takes your mix to the next level and will increase the quality of your audio files

Source used  http://audio-mastering-mixing.com/FAQ___Q_A.html#1
      post edited by CJaysMusic - 2010/07/28 12:02:09

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
      Audio Blog
      Jump to:
      © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1