ICEBREAKER - NEWEST SONG

Author
radio
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2782
2010/08/03 05:12:40 (permalink)

ICEBREAKER - NEWEST SONG

Hey everyone , been out for awhile taking care of personal things in my life plus working on this tune alittle at a time .
This instrumental I'm calling " ICEBREAKER " let me know what you think about the overall MIX please , thanks hope you enjoy it .
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1055497&songID=9480199

This song is alittle bit different because its me playing drums live using my newest electronic drum kit . I'm using my newest drum software STEVEN SLATE EX .
This new drum software was normally $150.00 at SweetWater , I picked it up on sale for  $99.00 two weeks ago .
Whats cool with this software is they have alot of add-on kits for this software .
This software package includes I'm using right now has about eight really cool sounding drum kits in it to choose and use.
Its really the best drum software out on the market , I love the drum kits and the sounds in these kits .

Cheers everyone !
James

4 Replies Related Threads

karalie7@aol.com
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 712
    Re:ICEBREAKER - NEWEST SONG 2010/08/04 02:30:54 (permalink)
    Hi there,  good beat and recording. I wish I had some more drum kits. Cool.
    radio
    Re:ICEBREAKER - NEWEST SONG 2010/08/04 05:33:38 (permalink)
    karalie7@aol.com

Hi there,  good beat and recording. I wish I had some more drum kits. Cool.

Hey thanks Karalie , hope everything is rockin with your band .
    Thanks for the comments on my song and mix , I'll have to checkout some of your new songs they always sound great ! 

Thanks again ,cheers ! James

Jonbouy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 22562
    Re:ICEBREAKER - NEWEST SONG 2010/08/04 07:49:33 (permalink)

Nice stirring piece and always nice to hear P5 in action still.

Yes the SS EX kits are nice, pity you missed out on the Audiomidi 'no brainer' deal a few months back which is when I picked up the package for $20, they just recently did all the add-ons as well for $80 which means you could have picked up the whole shooting match all of it for $100!  I missed out on the last deal though through being broke at the time.

The acoustic drums sound way cool here adding to the power of this piece although the double tracking on the snare could be a bit tighter in spots.

Enjoyed

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    radio
    Re:ICEBREAKER - NEWEST SONG 2010/08/04 13:30:09 (permalink)
    Jonbouy

Nice stirring piece and always nice to hear P5 in action still.

Yes the SS EX kits are nice, pity you missed out on the Audiomidi 'no brainer' deal a few months back which is when I picked up the package for $20, they just recently did all the add-ons as well for $80 which means you could have picked up the whole shooting match all of it for $100!  I missed out on the last deal though through being broke at the time.
    That sounded like a sweet deal , right now I'm happy with Steven Slate's software .

The acoustic drums sound way cool here adding to the power of this piece although the double tracking on the snare could be a bit tighter in spots.
    Not sure where you picked up the acoustic drums thing unless your talking about the acoustic drum kits in Steven Slates software , I was using electronic drums to trigger the drum kits in my Steven Slate software .
    As for the Snare effect I did use my keyboard to add more snare volume to the piece , maybe I was off just a hair working with my keyboard glad you pointed that out for me .
    Thanks for the listen and comments , cheers!

Enjoyed

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1