Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal

Author
Chregg
Max Output Level: -51.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2382
2010/08/11 06:14:38 (permalink)

Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal

some one else asked this in a post and i want to know why this happens too, i go to source clock, click on internal(for midi recording, playback) and it automatically switches back to audio, any one?

23 Replies Related Threads

Saintom
    Max Output Level: -58 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1749
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/11 06:25:39 (permalink)
    Chregg

some one else asked this in a post and i want to know why this happens too, i go to source clock, click on internal(for midi recording, playback) and it automatically switches back to audio, any one?

Do you have an internal MIDI clock?

Tom

Sometimes we see the light, Sometimes we stare at the light, and wonder why it is so bright...
    Chregg
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/11 06:32:50 (permalink)
    I though the internal clock was the on the motherboard, other apps like reason seem to use the internal clock, or am i missing something here ?????????/
    tarsier
    Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3029
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/11 10:45:47 (permalink)
    Chregg

Answered on the other post. In a nutshell: If there's any "audio" in your project the clock has to be set to "audio".  If you've only got midi, no softsynths, no audio metronome, you can set it to internal.
    reader1
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 605
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/11 11:44:04 (permalink)
    havn't found this odd thng,
    how about try this check, global opt- timecode- choose ask first....
    reader1
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/11 11:51:15 (permalink)
    It may be this cause,
    clik proj opt- metronome- choose use midi note, dont choose radio use audio metronome.

I find if you choose use audio metronome, your op will take place.
     have a try.
    Chregg
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/11 12:11:06 (permalink)
    tarsier, read the other blog, sorted now, cheers
    Chregg
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/11 12:17:09 (permalink)
    tarsier, will sonar not run the softsynths on internal clock, FL and reason use internal clock to run, midi is controlling the softsynths
    brundlefly
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14250
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/11 12:35:08 (permalink)
    Soft synths are audio, and SONAR needs a sample-rate clock source to run the audio engine. I don't know what FL Studio and Reason mean by "internal", but in SONAR, "internal" means system clock, and it does not give the sample-level timing precision needed for the audio engine to work properly.

Pay no attention to reader1. He doesn't know (or is pretending not to know) what he's talking about.

Chregg
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/11 14:10:31 (permalink)
    coll mate, cheers
    reader1
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/11 21:05:01 (permalink)
    brundlefly

Soft synths are audio, and SONAR needs a sample-rate clock source to run the audio engine. I don't know what FL Studio and Reason mean by "internal", but in SONAR, "internal" means system clock, and it does not give the sample-level timing precision needed for the audio engine to work properly.

Pay no attention to reader1. He doesn't know (or is pretending not to know) what he's talking about.

why?
    what s wrong with my explanation?

what mean is
    i go to source clock, click on internal(for midi recording, playback) and it automatically switches back to audio,

I repeat and can't find anyting wrong with my thread.
    the file includes audio and midi either.
    when click proj opt- metronome- choose use midi note, you can use internal clock, but
     if you choose use audio metronome iterm, when playback , it automatically switches back to audio clock  will take place. 

hehe, radar, what is system clock? why can't it supply with enough precisive timing?
    Chregg
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/12 05:07:06 (permalink)
    why?

Dont thinkbrundlefly means any offence, he might not be picking up your broken english clear
    jcatena
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 404
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/12 08:16:51 (permalink)
    Whenever any audio is involved, the timing source must be audio, because if not the timing will not be in sync with audio and there will be drift. Only when no audio at all "internal" can be used.
    In SONAR "internal" means the system timer. In other apps "internal" may mean a different thing, often that it is not external, ie, program is clock master and not slave. Anyway, for any software, whenever there is audio involved the timing is taken from the audio devices, never from the system clock.

Jose Catena
    DIGIWAVES, S.L.
    reader1
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/12 09:22:00 (permalink)
    Chregg

why?

Dont thinkbrundlefly means any offence, he might not be picking up your broken english clear

unless he is not from usa or uk etc... or out of sonar user.

chreg , how to write in correct english?

--
    ps,
    I never mean his offence. jsut want to know where wrong is? he may figure out. so do u

reader1
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/12 09:43:12 (permalink)
    jcatena

Whenever any audio is involved, the timing source must be audio, because if not the timing will not be in sync with audio and there will be drift. Only when no audio at all "internal" can be used.
    In SONAR "internal" means the system timer. In other apps "internal" may mean a different thing, often that it is not external, ie, program is clock master and not slave. Anyway, for any software, whenever there is audio involved the timing is taken from the audio devices, never from the system clock.

your idea is as same as brundlefly was.
    I wonder why do you all have such idea? I dont who will stand with you, but I dont think yours right.
    timing is a very important idea not only in this system but nearly every equipment.
    it concerns with sync. normallly replay and hifi. or it will lead to jitter or wow...
    sonar will not be able to not consider it.

would you like to repeat the experiment according to my 6 or $11?
    this tesst is simple, u can even use mere one audio track to verify.

reader1
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/12 09:53:40 (permalink)
    hehe, yet if yu would think this is offence. that's different culture background cause.
    if so, you may show us how to write not offence meaning in correct english.

I know even an illiteracy in english countries can speak a good englsih than me.
    jcatena
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 404
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/12 12:41:48 (permalink)
    I wonder why do you all have such idea? I dont who will stand with you, but I dont think yours right.
    timing is a very important idea not only in this system but nearly every equipment.
    it concerns with sync. normallly replay and hifi. or it will lead to jitter or wow... 
    Man, the audio runs based in a clock, the sample clock. It is a timing source as good if not better than the system timer. The only one valid if there is audio involved. Otherwise you actually use two different clocks out of sync, one for audio sampling and the other for midi and event start/stop times, and they will drift apart over time causing problems.

I don't care what you think. But it is weird the large amount of answers that don't help for anything but to cause confussion, and much worse when such spam posters keep whinning after being corrected. I you don't know ****, better shut up, it's the nicest thing you can do to the community. Don't feel offended, i'm not even directing this to you in particular, only asking in general to consider if you have actually something useful to say before starting to write, or to write it as a question instead of as if you knew anything about the topic.

post edited by jcatena - 2010/08/12 12:43:30

Jose Catena
    DIGIWAVES, S.L.
    Chregg
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/12 13:04:41 (permalink)
    Reader 1's on a ****ing piss take, he's smoking mothballs in crackpipes
    Chregg
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/12 13:10:42 (permalink)
    reader1 is perhaps smoking cigars with viens
    reader1
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/12 21:17:20 (permalink)
    Chregg

not bad, your teachers, your family can only teach you work with such words.
    you might full with that liquid.

you are merely a cleaner in a rest room.

Where is Chinatowns?
    For sell: solar cell; led; sound level meters; glasses, stationery.
    Offer: chemical industry design; consultant.  dsp board.
    kinds of instruments.  Offer music services.
    look for cooperators in making movies, tv, art craft.
    Design web site, 3D, outsourcing and 3d sound.
    --
    Wonderful music made by Sonar. Sonar is one of good software to produce magnificent music. We are getting use to it
    CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/12 21:26:52 (permalink)

Is he still pretending to be a china man..LOL  Childish!!!

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    reader1
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/12 21:48:33 (permalink)
    jcatena

Man, the audio runs based in a clock, the sample clock. It is a timing source as good if not better than the system timer. The only one valid if there is audio involved. Otherwise you actually use two different clocks out of sync, one for audio sampling and the other for midi and event start/stop times, and they will drift apart over time causing problems.

I don't care what you think. But it is weird the large amount of answers that don't help for anything but to cause confussion, and much worse when such spam posters keep whinning after being corrected. I you don't know ****, better shut up, it's the nicest thing you can do to the community. Don't feel offended, i'm not even directing this to you in particular, only asking in general to consider if you have actually something useful to say before starting to write, or to write it as a question instead of as if you knew anything about the topic.

Its not I will not reply you, the guy who post the op is really ill-bred.
    if you would open a thread I will dispute about what is timer and how to work coherently among them. 
     Do remember, not all audio needs a clock to work.
    your words are really self contradiction.

rbowser
    Max Output Level: -10 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6518
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/12 23:53:15 (permalink)
    Reader 1 - The joke is so old.  How I wish you'd either give it up, grow up, or dry up and blow away.  Why are you wasting your time and ours with your inane Babel Fish translated gibberish?

Randy B.

Sonar X3e Studio
    Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
    Alesis i|O2 interface
    Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
    8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    with dual monitors
    Chregg
    Re:Source clock in sonar switches back to audio evey time i click on internal 2010/08/13 06:27:28 (permalink)
    Chregg

not bad, your teachers, your family can only teach you work with such words.
    you might full with that liquid. 

you are merely a cleaner in a rest room.

Rest rooms so thats where you hang out(with the cigars) sounds a bit george michael to me

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1