Lexicon LAMBDA w/SHS7XL

Author
EasTexGuy
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 160
2010/08/12 11:27:20 (permalink)

Lexicon LAMBDA w/SHS7XL

I wanted to pass on some info on the Lexicon LAMBDA interface. I haven't seen much talk of it on the forum and since it worked well for me maybe someone else is interested.

First, my main reason for choosing the unit was the USB 2.0. I really don't know that 1.1 is any less worthy, but my pc has 2.0 (as do nearly ALL nowadays) and an avg 480 Mbps is just better than 1.1s 12 Mbps. I compared the Lambda against the M-Audio FT Pro and Cakewalk UA-25EX. For the money with the added USB 2.0 the Lambda fits my need. If the FT Pro & UA-25EX have 2.0 I could not find it. Their mfg specs state 1.1. Your needs might be different. The install DVD includes the driver, CuBase LE and Pantheon VST reverb plug-in. (the reverb plug-in is hardwire to the cubase package and won't work with shs)

In a nut shell: Put the dvd back in the box. I installed the supplied drivers and could not make Windows Vista 32/Lambda/SHS play nice. On the Lexicon website you will find the latest drivers. I downloaded the 5.4m file, installed the latest drivers and Vista took to them like butter on hot corn. SHS7XL recognized the Lambda immediately and I was on my way. It was really that simple.

My Rig: Sonar X1 Studio - Vista 32 on AMD Quad Core @ 3ghz w/4 gig ram - Lexicon Lambda - Assorted Nuts, Bolts & Plugins - More Talent on order as well.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1