SI-Strings: Stumped or I misunderstood ( SHS7XL )

Author
EasTexGuy
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 160
2010/08/12 19:07:20 (permalink)

SI-Strings: Stumped or I misunderstood ( SHS7XL )

Little help/clarification here plz.  Project consists of one imported stereo track, three vocal audio tracks, master stereo bus & vocal reverb bus. There are three places in the music track where I want to add a single string note, meh... maybe three beats in length each. So...

Alt-8, bring up Synth Rack --> Insert Soft Synths and ReWire devices --> Soft Synths --> Studio Instruments --> SI String Section. In the options dialog I'm checking Single Instrument Track & Enable MIDI Output then Ok. I get the SS inserted into the rack and a single track added to the project. Double click the icon on the SS in the rack and up comes this gorgeous interface. It all looks and works great. I can preview. I can run the clicked mouse up and down the keyboard and hear every note. I can drag and drop a pattern on the track and it sticks and plays! HOWEVER, I really just need three notes of my choosing. A simple G7 to be exact. Can you NOT use the interface keyboard to insert notes with the track armed and recording? I assume I could just paste a pattern in on the three measures and edit, but dang! Surely that great interface is not just eye candy to preview random notes and racket.

I could sure use a little noob-love thrown my way...
ETG

post edited by EasTexGuy - 2010/08/12 21:53:26

My Rig: Sonar X1 Studio - Vista 32 on AMD Quad Core @ 3ghz w/4 gig ram - Lexicon Lambda - Assorted Nuts, Bolts & Plugins - More Talent on order as well.

1 Reply Related Threads

EasTexGuy
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 160
    Re:SI-Strings: Stumped or I misunderstood ( SHS7XL ) 2010/08/13 07:34:06 (permalink)
    Update: When all else fails... take the manual out and read it. ^_^ (so lame)

SONAR Home Studio/XL Version 7 declares on page 71: "... You have the option of recording a performance that you play on a MIDI keyboard (also referred to as a controller) or manually entering notes and events to play out to the software synth. We'll explore each method in the following sections."

So there you have it. The pretty pictures of fiddles, keyboards, drums and electric bass are provided for the purpose of auditioning the synth which is totally fine with me. Hey!... I love to read, but WHO reads a toy manual?! I'm a REAL man... I LOVE my new toys! I don't need no stinkin' manual! says the knuckle-head with a purple bruise in the middle of his forehead and a greasy spot on the front of his computer desk! ;-p

My Rig: Sonar X1 Studio - Vista 32 on AMD Quad Core @ 3ghz w/4 gig ram - Lexicon Lambda - Assorted Nuts, Bolts & Plugins - More Talent on order as well.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1