Sonar Sending Unwanted Patch Change

Author
SteveDe
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2010/08/15 18:24:28 (permalink)

Sonar Sending Unwanted Patch Change

Hi,

I'm new here, so <wave>. Hoping for some help.

I've an old instrumental that I sequenced a long time ago (using Trackman on an Atari ST) for a Yamaha SY35. Because it was created on the SY35, it sound *right* there, so I don't want to move synths. To use the multitimbrality the SY35 has to be set to Multi mode.

However, whenever I restart playback in Sonar, the SY-35 gets kicked out of multitimbral mode into single voice mode. I've checked the events list, and can see no event changes, and I've unchecked the events searchback in the Project Options.

I can't see where or why Sonar would send such an event when there are no events I can see that tell it to. And it is really annoying having to lean over and press the Multi button on the SY35 *every time* I click Play.

At the moment,  I just want to go back to Trackman :(

Cheers
Steve

2 Replies Related Threads

SteveDe
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Sonar Sending Unwanted Patch Change 2010/08/15 20:09:42 (permalink)
    Hmm, it's more complicated than I first imagined. 

It seems if I change a patch from the SY35 to the also attached Edirol sound module, and then change my mind and change the patch back to the SY35, then Sonar seems to send a patch change to the SY35, and that patch change isn't in the event list.

The only way I could get around the problem was to close the project without saving, and then reopen the project - thus it was if I'd never made the change in the first place.

Cheers
    Steve
    daveny5
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16934
    Re:Sonar Sending Unwanted Patch Change 2010/08/15 21:46:06 (permalink)
    Go into the Event View and see if there is a program change message and delete it.

Dave
    Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
    Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
    Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
    Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
    Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1