Can't see effects windows in SHS7XL

Author
evadianepug
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4477
2010/08/15 20:52:00 (permalink)

Can't see effects windows in SHS7XL

Howdy, y'all!  Well, in SHS7XL, I'm trying to use the echo under "audio fx".  I can go down to sonitus and use the reverb, and the window pops up, but above,  the echo, flanger, etc do not come up when I click on them.  I've used them a lot and wonder what I've done to make them not come up now.  I hope this makes sense!  TIA for any thoughts.
post edited by evadianepug - 2010/08/16 13:03:41

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
THE PUGTONES
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=919339&content=music
SonarX3

3 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:Can't see effects windows in SHS7XL 2010/08/16 17:44:23 (permalink)
    did you figure this out, warren?  I'm not sure I understand exactly what's going on.  are you clicking in the FX bin and using the menu there and when you clikc on a particular FX it doesn't show the GUI?  does it show up in the FX bin?

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:Can't see effects windows in SHS7XL 2010/08/16 22:23:46 (permalink)
    Beag, maybe the menu order has been changed.. or maybe the wrong type of track for fx.. as there is a midi + audio "echo" type thing for fx bin. (not sure if it's the same in HS)

Warren which echo are you on about ,there are 2 ,  the audio one or midi fx ?

have you tried adding it in the mixing console as well if it's in audio fx?

dunno about HS BUT there is a "menu layout" thing at the top when you pick plugins.. maybe thats been altered?

post edited by Fog - 2010/08/16 22:26:54
    evadianepug
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4477
    Re:Can't see effects windows in SHS7XL 2010/08/19 10:09:56 (permalink)
    Hey, guys, thanks for responding.  I'm not at home and I'm not sure how to do a screen shot so I'll explain better, I hope.  FIRST, I might have my own answer.  I loaded the program on my new computer and haven't used anything but Sonitus since then.  I think I might have to "reload" the effects.  Make sense?

When I click on PROCESS then  AUDIO FX, it brings up the next step which has the list of echo, flanger, etc, etc. then there is a line and below that is CAKEWALK, SONITUS, MIDI, etc.  The Cakewalk and Sonitus (when clicked on) brings up the effect window for that particular effect.  Above that line nothing brings up a window, which they used to do.  Soooo, I will go home tonight and try seeing if I have to "load" or reactivate or whatever those effects since I didn't do anything but load the program on the new computer.
    GUYS, I AM NO GOOD AT VERBAL PICS!  Thanks for bearing with me.  I'll let you know what I find when "reloading". 

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
    THE PUGTONES
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=919339&content=music
    SonarX3
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1