2010/08/17 22:01:34 (permalink)

Riva Starr electronic remix

Remix done in Sonar 8.5 PE

DJSur Riva Starr Remix

2 Replies Related Threads

peggysuechan
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 581
    Re:Riva Starr electronic remix 2010/08/19 01:14:28 (permalink)
    DJSur, sir:

37 seconds of intro is kinda long not to add any instruments. 

At 3:01, you get a little active. That's nice. I can't tell you what's good or bad about this piece, because I don't know what to judge in this genre. Timing sounded good, is all I know. 

It was running out of zap at the end, so I thought you were winding down. But you kinda quit mid-air, dontchathink? Maybe try a fade-out?

I tell you, though, if ever you made a video about little green Martians, this is the music to accompany it.

If I'm practicing a sin, I'm going to Hell.
    If I'm obeying Jesus, I'm going to Heaven. 

SusieChan.com
    benstat
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 972
    Re:Riva Starr electronic remix 2010/08/19 05:23:57 (permalink)
    Hi DJSur,
    As far as the production goes, can't fault it - great mix! I really liked the slow but steady growth of the main beat in particular.
    For me it developed a little slowly and needed more interest. An interesting fill kicked in at 2:30 that kind of made me think it was about to 'kick off', but I was a little disappointed when it returned to more of the same immediately after. At 4:00 it started to grab my interest more though.
    All in all, a great production but I'd like a little more variety. I'm not averse to listening to exactly this kind of stuff occasionally. I quite enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1