Looking for the right laptop for my new Focusrite Pro 24 dsp

Author
Aquaman
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2010/08/18 07:42:00 (permalink)

Looking for the right laptop for my new Focusrite Pro 24 dsp

Hi there,

I bought not long ago the Focusrite Saffire pro 24 dsp. I haven't opened it yet because I haven't made my mind up regarding the kind of laptop I want to buy.

I'd appreciate your advice regarding what type of Laptop (preferably Levono) I should buy for best results, and where is the best place to buy it online.

Thanks in advance,
Yuv

1 Reply Related Threads

Anubis
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1059
    Re:Looking for the right laptop for my new Focusrite Pro 24 dsp 2010/08/18 22:34:04 (permalink)
    I also bought a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 a while ago. I'm using it with a three year old HP Pavillion laptop. The Focusrite drivers were rock solid with Vista(32) and even more so on Win 7(64). My firewire port doesn't even have the coveted TI chipset yet it works great with the Ricoh chipset.
    So here's what you need to do. Make sure you get a laptop that has both firewire(400) and an expresscard slot. Check Device manager to see the chipset of the firewire port. If it's a Ricoh, then chances are that it will work with the Focusrite as is. If not, you can always buy an inexpensive expresscard to firewire adapter with the TI chipset.
    As far as brands, forget HP. They have abandoned firewire and expresscard. There are a couple Sony laptops that still support firewire and expresscard. And some Toshibas.

X2Studio_Win7(64)_SamsungChronos_QuNexus_QuNeo_Axiom25_Saffire24Pro_Saffire6USB_EdirolPCR300_Nocturn
    Amplitubes_AmpegSVX_StylusRMX_SampleTank/Tron_Komplete7_AddictiveDrums_TRacks3_Wavelab6
    miTunes
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1