Plugin Layouts (or changes to custom layouts) not showing up in Sonar 8.5.3 drop-down

Author
Martin Barret
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 117
2010/08/18 15:48:55 (permalink)

Plugin Layouts (or changes to custom layouts) not showing up in Sonar 8.5.3 drop-down

Hi all.

Anyone suggest a fix for this weirdness?

I go to edit a custom Layout (synths or FX) and now nothing changes!  I add - I subtract - no change to my layouts.  I try to create a new custom layout, nada.  It's there (as a saved file) but I can't access it when I go to the FX bin or access the drop-down options in the synth rack.

Any thoughts on this?  (Yes, I checked the board for this issue and I can't seem to find anything exactly like it).

PS:  I did (at some point) delete the original default menu but everything was going fine after that for a while regardless.

Should I do a reinstall or is there a workaround someone out there has discovered?

Please and thanks in advance..
Martin B.

4 Replies Related Threads

Martin Barret
    Re:Plugin Layouts (or changes to custom layouts) not showing up in Sonar 8.5.3 drop-down 2010/08/18 20:07:45 (permalink)
    Anybody?  Registry fix/edit....anything?  Please & Thanks...
    Martin B.
    Martin Barret
    Re:Plugin Layouts (or changes to custom layouts) not showing up in Sonar 8.5.3 drop-down 2010/08/18 20:33:26 (permalink)
    Here Martin, let me help you out.  Seems you've not tried everything yet.  What you have to do is save the edited Plugin Manager .pgl file NOT in the root Plugin Folder as you've been attempting to do but, say, on your desktop (with a new name).

Then you copy the file back in the Sonar 8.5 designated spot for the .pgl files and reboot Sonar.  The file will show your changes AND you should be able to now edit it within the program as per usual.  Don't know why this worked...it just did! 

Hope this helped...so glad I was there for you.  It's fantastic that there are so many people out there just RUSHING to help out....

(in other words I solved it without having to buy Menu Magic - although that still looks like a great proggie!).

Bye...
    Martin B.
    fantini
    • Total Posts : 146
    Re:Plugin Layouts (or changes to custom layouts) not showing up in Sonar 8.5.3 drop-down 2010/08/19 10:37:22 (permalink)
    Nice you could help the guy out.  He waited so long.
    Sijel
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 487
    Re:Plugin Layouts (or changes to custom layouts) not showing up in Sonar 8.5.3 drop-down 2010/08/19 11:45:22 (permalink)
    Sounds like you are not running Sonar using Admin privileges (i.e., it can't write to the C: drive).

And, sorry it took me soooo long to reply   

Microsoft Surface Book w/ Surface dock, dual 24-inch HD displays,
    Sonar Platinum, THD 4, GuitarRig, Amplitube, (Kontakt4), Garritan PO, Trillian Bass 1.3,  Roland Octa-Capture, Waves Gold & various Waves, PSP and T-Racks plugins.

KRK Rokit6, Lefty Guitars & Bass, racks/pedals galore and many other fun things.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1