Using Line 6 UX8 and SONAR and getting Audio Recording Dropouts and Playback pauses

Author
boyosdad13
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2010/08/26 19:43:15 (permalink)

Using Line 6 UX8 and SONAR and getting Audio Recording Dropouts and Playback pauses

I have been working on getting my new UX8 set up and configured to work with SONAR. I am connecting to my laptop via USB and have tried I think every variation of latency and settings in SONAR within the Audio settings ASIO drivers for the UX8. Sonar will record for a 5-20 seconds and then stop recording. Sometimes it will show that the audio "dropout"

I also get audio playback pausing when using the UX8 as the soundcard. It pauses for a second or 2 then contiunes.

I am hoping that I can get this worked out. I want to record all of my bands rehearsals but am getting frustrated that I cannot even capture a whole song due to the drop outs. I have looked all over the SONAR and Line 6 forums and seen similar issues but no resolution.

Can anyone help?!

Thanks!
Michael of Threshold!

Hardware:
Dell Inspiron 1750 Laptop
Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53 GHZ
4GB RAM
64bit Operating System - Windows 7

SONAR 8.3

Line6 TonePort UX8

2 Replies Related Threads

Bob Oister
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2766
    Re:Using Line 6 UX8 and SONAR and getting Audio Recording Dropouts and Playback pauses 2010/08/27 00:48:16 (permalink)
    Hi, Michael,

My first suggestion would be to go to www.Line6.com click on "downloads" at the top right corner menu, and then download and install Line6 Monkey.  Then run Line6 Monkey to install the latest UX8 drivers for Windows 7.

You will also probably still need to tweak your ASIO buffers and driver settings in the Line6 driver control panel, and also the buffer settings under the Sonar Audio Options menu.

If you keep having problems, you may also want to try one or all of the following.

- If your Laptop has a wireless card, try turning it off or disabling it.
    - If you are running antivirus/spyware software, or other programs that always run in the background, try disabling them.
    - Run a hard drive cleaning program like CCleaner or Cleanup.exe on your Sonar drive, and then Defrag your hard drive and restart the Laptop.

Hope this helps!
    Bob

Anubis
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1059
    Re:Using Line 6 UX8 and SONAR and getting Audio Recording Dropouts and Playback pauses 2010/08/28 17:51:51 (permalink)
    My assessment of Line 6 UX interfaces and drivers HERE!

X2Studio_Win7(64)_SamsungChronos_QuNexus_QuNeo_Axiom25_Saffire24Pro_Saffire6USB_EdirolPCR300_Nocturn
    Amplitubes_AmpegSVX_StylusRMX_SampleTank/Tron_Komplete7_AddictiveDrums_TRacks3_Wavelab6
    miTunes
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1