MC5 SETUP HELP

Author
philarofchaos
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
2010/09/01 00:18:12 (permalink)

MC5 SETUP HELP

I am just trying to get a clean sound from my guitar - I have a cable into my SB Live card and it sounds good until I arm a track and it sounds like every effect in my system is playing - Not sure how to control them to turn them off so I just hear my guitar - Any advice would be deeply thanked -

5 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:MC5 SETUP HELP 2010/09/01 01:00:17 (permalink)
    Many Sound Blasters have onboard effects. If that's the case here, you'll need to open the SB mixer and turn them off.
    Are the 'effects' in the recorded track? Meaning, the guitar sounds good; you arm the track and click record. It sounds badly effected, but you record anyway. Are the effects recorded?
    Give us a rundown on your system; what OS, is it a 64-bit OS; how fast and how much RAM does the computer have?
    In MC, 'Options>Audio', what is listed for Record and Playback Timing Masters? What is listed and selected under 'Drivers'? What is the reported Latency?

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:MC5 SETUP HELP 2010/09/01 08:15:38 (permalink)
    SB cards are not really the best for recording with MC5. Do as Greg suggests. If that works, fine..... if not look at Beagle's web site for some suggestions on updating the sound card to some sort of external USB card.

Most of us have upgraded. The externals just work better.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    philarofchaos
    Re:MC5 SETUP HELP 2010/09/01 08:58:36 (permalink)
    I had tried to click and unclick the boxes in the mixer - Yes the sounds are recorded and the latency is set at 10 - I don't seem to have a problem with the sounds in sync - It is early right now but later I will up date the system information - Thank you very much for replying - I had MC3 in the system before and it seemed to work better - OH I do know I have 1/2 gig of ram - That is one thing I want to upgrade soon -
    philarofchaos
    Re:MC5 SETUP HELP 2010/09/01 10:10:09 (permalink)
    System -
    AMD Athlon (tm) 2500+
    Phillips DVD+RW DVD 8631
    Sony CD us5211
    Nvidia GF4 MX 440
    Maxtor 64080p0
    SB Live
      I did go to Beagles site and it seems the external of choice is M-Audio -
    Being I would like to use this setup to record my guitar and vocals in order to, well for others to listen to and develope their parts (Not at this time wanting to set the world on fire as a sound engineer) - Is the M-Audio USB with two in two out any better or worse than the Delta 44 -
      One thing I did notice is I have the clean sound I am looking for out of my computer until I start the MC5 program - Then when I arm all hell breaks loose - In playback I have all the effects recorded - Thanks for reading all these words and all your input -
    BE
    Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:MC5 SETUP HELP 2010/09/01 10:41:22 (permalink)
    Being I would like to use this setup to record my guitar and vocals in order to, well for others to listen to and develope their parts (Not at this time wanting to set the world on fire as a sound engineer) - Is the M-Audio USB with two in two out any better or worse than the Delta 44 -

no, not better than or worse than, but different for different needs.

the Delta 44 is what I used for 5 years without problems, however, with the D44 you have to have an external preamp for your instruments and mics because the D44 inputs are LINE input only.  a PCI card is typically FASTER (re: lower latency) and less noisey than external

the m-audio fastrack pro is USB external.  the problems with USB external is that they are a little higher noise floor and they are typically a little slower regarding latency.  but the external units normally have mic and instrument preamps already included with them so you don't have to buy EXTRA equipment to make them work (as does the m-audio fast track pro).

One thing I did notice is I have the clean sound I am looking for out of my computer until I start the MC5 program - Then when I arm all hell breaks loose - In playback I have all the effects recorded - Thanks for reading all these words and all your input -

are you recording on the template GUITAR track?  if so, you probably have the default AMPLITUBE in the FX bin and that might be causing your problem.  open the FX bin of that guitar track and disable or delete the AMPLITUBE FX and see if that solves your problem.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1