An Intellectual Conversation with Mooch And Bapu - Great Orchestra Pieces In The Key Of A

Author
Mooch4056
Max Output Level: -0.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7494
2010/09/16 18:29:56 (permalink)

An Intellectual Conversation with Mooch And Bapu - Great Orchestra Pieces In The Key Of A

Here is an ACTUAL transcript of one of the most intelligent conversations I have ever had Today September 16, 2010.

Mooch: So when are you going to go 64bit and run a computer with 8 gigs of Ram?

Bapu: Sometime within the year. I don't need 8 gigs of RAM until I write my great Orchestra Master Piece in the key of A ...with lots of soft sythns

Mooch: Does it have to be in the Key of A to be a great Orchestra Piece. I have an Orchestra Piece in Bb.

Bapu: No. Bb won't work. Either will minor. It's all evil keys. It has to be the key of A

Mooch: So all the pieces of music I heard when I took Forum and Analysis  in college and all the different keys they were in -- no good .. only the key of A huh?

Bapu: yeah.... the music was playing to fast maybe got you confused on the key, but A is the only way to go with great Orchestra Pieces.  

Mooch: You sure about that?

Baou: Yeah

Mooch: I am glad I called you and you were able to clear me up on only writing orchestra in A 

Bapu: I have to go (makes crackle noise with paper) I think there is a dead zone and phone is.......... 

(silence)
post edited by Mooch4056 - 2010/09/16 18:34:10

From Now On Call Me Conquistador! 

Donate to the cure Bapu Foundation
Email: mooch4056@gmail.com for more info

9 Replies Related Threads

Jonbouy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 22562
    Re:An Intellectual Conversation with Mooch And Bapu - Great Orchestra Pieces In The Key Of 2010/09/16 20:05:19 (permalink)
    A!?

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    drewfx1
    Max Output Level: -9.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6585
    Re:An Intellectual Conversation with Mooch And Bapu - Great Orchestra Pieces In The Key Of 2010/09/16 21:06:05 (permalink)
    So you're saying my forthcoming orchestral suite, "Ode to Bacon in Eb minor" will not be great?
    Mooch4056
    Re:An Intellectual Conversation with Mooch And Bapu - Great Orchestra Pieces In The Key Of 2010/09/16 21:12:22 (permalink)
    drewfx1

So you're saying my forthcoming orchestral suite, "Ode to Bacon in Eb minor" will not be great?

According to Bapu - that's his take on it '

I am sorry 

I just found out myself 

drewfx1
    Max Output Level: -9.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6585
    Re:An Intellectual Conversation with Mooch And Bapu - Great Orchestra Pieces In The Key Of 2010/09/16 22:05:42 (permalink)
    Hmm, well then it seems like my options are:

1. Leave it in Eb min, but tell Bapu it's in A. 
    2. Key signature = A, with lots of accidentals. Bapu shouldn't mind a few accidentals.
    3. Retune from A440 to A370.
    Mooch4056
    Re:An Intellectual Conversation with Mooch And Bapu - Great Orchestra Pieces In The Key Of 2010/09/16 22:25:20 (permalink)

1. Leave it in Eb min, but tell Bapu it's in A.

+1

Yeah - I do believe this is the best answer in this circumstance - Just tell bapu its in "A" and wink at the audience 

Moshkiae
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6111
    Re:An Intellectual Conversation with Mooch And Bapu - Great Orchestra Pieces In The Key Of 2010/09/16 22:27:29 (permalink)
    Hi,

I think we need to call up a Baroque composer that made a point of playing something in every key possible to dispel the notion that some were sad or happy ...

I think Bapu must have been depressed and not happy with his composition and probably under the effect of some strange brew that he picked up in London! Of course, it was miles away from home too!

As a wise Guy once stated from his holy chapala ... none of the hits, none of the time ... prevents you from becoming just another turkey in the middle of all the other turkeys! 

bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:An Intellectual Conversation with Mooch And Bapu - Great Orchestra Pieces In The Key Of 2010/09/17 01:08:52 (permalink)

@Drew - What are these accidents you speak of and how can I cause some?
    @Mooch - Orchestra pieces? I was speaking of The Fonz's famous quote (as The Bouy has so effectively pointed out, adding the ? for emphasis, no doubt).

Jonbouy
    • Total Posts : 22562
    Re:An Intellectual Conversation with Mooch And Bapu - Great Orchestra Pieces In The Key Of 2010/09/17 09:06:37 (permalink)
    @Mooch - Orchestra pieces? I was speaking of The Fonz's famous quote (as The Bouy has so effectively pointed out, adding the ? for emphasis, no doubt).

To clarify "A?" is a question and pronounced as plainly as the letter, unlike the Fonz's use of it as a form of self-affirmation which is likely derived from "Heeeyyyy!", is used quite extensively here to express the fact that one hasn't caught on to what was being said, much like "What!?".

Simply put "A?" and "What?" are interchangeable as they mean the same thing although "A?" is considered vulgar usage like "eh?" and somewhat frowned upon.

'eeyyy! Cool or what, a?

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    Crg
    • Total Posts : 7719
    Re:An Intellectual Conversation with Mooch And Bapu - Great Orchestra Pieces In The Key Of 2010/09/18 08:56:03 (permalink)
    So, when does the intellectual conversation start?

Craig DuBuc
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1